Georgia Tech 2015 Hype Video | "A New Era" | Ramblin' Effects |

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for making this. As I watched this, it dawned on me how much our team {last year} has started looking like the old CPJ and Erk GSU teams. Those were some awesome teams to watch play. Run Hard, Played Tough, busted peoples Butts, and didn't take prisoners. This team started looking like that through the year last year, and "by the time the leaves started falling, this team was rolling" just like they used to say of GSU.

I am pumped for this season!
"When the leaves turn the option churns."

BuzzbaitGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow, I never noticed that before...blatant cheap shot. Good thing Austin (?) saw it coming and was able to deflect so he didn't get hurt

Clemson game. I saw that live during the game, and thought maybe the Clemson player (I think it was one of their O-linemen), was trying to bump our player into Chris Milton to force Milton out of bounds before getting to the EZ. But when I watched the replay after the game, there was no question about it being a cheap shot against our other DB (Austin?).

They were several yards behind Milton and there was no angle that could have allowed the Clemson player to pinball Austin into Milton to force him out of bounds. You're right. Cheap shot.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Clemson game. I saw that live during the game, and thought maybe the Clemson player (I think it was one of their O-linemen), was trying to bump our player into Chris Milton to force Milton out of bounds before getting to the EZ. But when I watched the replay after the game, there was no question about it being a cheap shot against our other DB (Austin?).

They were several yards behind Milton and there was no angle that could have allowed the Clemson player to pinball Austin into Milton to force him out of bounds. You're right. Cheap shot.

Yeah, but to play devil's advocate, he's an OL who (a) isn't going to be a great judge of angles and how slow he is compared to Milton and (b) closes his eyes and puts his head down pretty early.

BuzzbaitGT

Georgia Tech Fan

My favorite video I've made so far, go check it out!!!

Great, vid! Thanks for taking the time to make it. You did an excellent job editing the clips.

Favorite part was your timing of the music reaching a crescendo just as DJ cut off the quick slant against the dwags and made the game-ending interception in COFH. That moment alone made the vid for me! (but the rest is great too) :)

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but to play devil's advocate, he's an OL who (a) isn't going to be a great judge of angles and how slow he is compared to Milton and (b) closes his eyes and puts his head down pretty early.
You seriously have to question everything? If he wasn't going to make the play, why would he dive at another players knees? Makes no sense at all. If I was giving chase to a player much faster than me, and I had no shot at tripping him up, I'd pull up and get ready to go to work on the next drive. I wouldn't explode into somebody's knee.

BuzzbaitGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah, I guess if you take into context the O-lineman likely didn't participate in many tackling drills for Dabo, there certainly was some lack of experience to take into account.

Despite the friendly rivalry we enjoy w/Clemson, I think some bad blood may have brewed if Austin had been injured on that play. The O-lineman's "attempted tackle" -- or whatever you want to call it -- was just that close.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You seriously have to question everything? If he wasn't going to make the play, why would he dive at another players knees? Makes no sense at all. If I was giving chase to a player much faster than me, and I had no shot at tripping him up, I'd pull up and get ready to go to work on the next drive. I wouldn't explode into somebody's knee.

I'm not disputing that. You may want to look up "devil's advocate" and not the movie. I was offering the alternative suggestion that the guy closed his eyes, put his head down and threw himself where he did because he was trying to make a play but was too slow of foot and slow of mind to know that he would end up 3 yds behind the ball carrier.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I'm not disputing that. You may want to look up "devil's advocate" and not the movie. I was offering the alternative suggestion that the guy closed his eyes, put his head down and threw himself where he did because he was trying to make a play but was too slow of foot and slow of mind to know that he would end up 3 yds behind the ball carrier.
No buddy, I know what "devils advocate" means. I still don't understand why would you post your opinion in a reply to this other poster, if you agreed with what he said? If you weren't trying to question a post, don't quote somebody, just add a reply to the thread.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
No buddy, I know what "devils advocate" means. I still don't understand why would you post your opinion in a reply to this other poster, if you agreed with what he said? If you weren't trying to question a post, don't quote somebody, just add a reply to the thread.

I wasn't replying to the thread. I was replying to the content of a particular post.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Nice video. As earlier post indicated, nice music crescendo at appropriate place. Nice to have music that did not overshadow the action also. I especially like that the video did not rely on lots of gimmicky shots, polarizations or speeding plays up on long runs.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for making this. As I watched this, it dawned on me how much our team {last year} has started looking like the old CPJ and Erk GSU teams. Those were some awesome teams to watch play. Run Hard, Played Tough, busted peoples Butts, and didn't take prisoners. This team started looking like that through the year last year, and "by the time the leaves started falling, this team was rolling" just like they used to say of GSU.

I am pumped for this season!

Once JT learns how to hit the open A backs on the seam route on play action, it will be a doppelganger for those first two GSU championship teams. One big difference - Tech's O line is a lot bigger than the lines from those great Southern teams. Fred Stokes and Peanut Carter were big ole boys but Joe, Devine and even Burden are bigger. Shoot, the center on Erk's last team played at 220 pounds.

As for that Clemson lineman who tried to take out Austin's knees behind on the play on Milton's TD, he better hope he's not at the bottom of a pile this year. Guys don't forget stuff like that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Great video highlites. Live the field angles.

I watched and reqatched the orange bowl feed from the overfill camera as it chased justin through the hole and into endzone.

I. Bet you had a blast making this!thanks