Georgia Tech’s Inability to Land In-State Talent is Becoming Problematic

Milwaukee

Banned
FWIW, before I'm a UVa fan, I'm a George Mason fan. You have no idea what Paul Hewitt did to our program. He DESTROYED us. We call him The Virus. The hatred we have for him burns with the heat of a thousand suns. He is the worst thing that has ever happened to Northern Virginia.

I'm interested in how your allegiances came about. I'm just being nosey.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I'm interested in how your allegiances came about. I'm just being nosey.
I'm from a town called Herndon. 2 towns over is Fairfax, where GMU is, so they're the local squad. GMU doesnt have football, and UVa is the home state school that plays big time football. Grew up rooting for their football team. If Mason ever gets a football team, they become my new number one.

Georgia Tech hired a coach that runs the most interesting offense in the country, so I followed them out of football nerd satisfaction.

Funnily enough, @RedPete was my childhood best friend until his family moved to atlanta, and we lost touch for 20 years. He ended up going to Georgia Tech, and now we root for the same team.

Deleted member 2897

I'm from a town called Herndon. 2 towns over is Fairfax, where GMU is, so they're the local squad. GMU doesnt have football, and UVa is the home state school that plays big time football. Grew up rooting for their football team. If Mason ever gets a football team, they become my new number one.

Georgia Tech hired a coach that runs the most interesting offense in the country, so I followed them out of football nerd satisfaction.

Funnily enough, @RedPete was my childhood best friend until his family moved to atlanta, and we lost touch for 20 years. He ended up going to Georgia Tech, and now we root for the same team.

Wow, its a small world. But I wouldn't want to have to paint it.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

acting like he only cheers for GT now because of his nerdom.

We know you've started to convert.

Animal02

Banned
you're talking to people who grew up in Georgia. Most of them old. We know ;)

But you can say it was the bow ties. We'll understand.
Coming from north of the Mason Dixon line to attend Tech in the late '70s....was surprised at the two sets of drinking fountains side by side in the Rich's downtown, the very public Klan, the KA's "recapturing" the 'Hill' every year, etc.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Coming from north of the Mason Dixon line to attend Tech in the late '70s....was surprised at the two sets of drinking fountains side by side in the Rich's downtown, the very public Klan, the KA's "recapturing" the 'Hill' every year, etc.
Those separate drinking fountains had disappeared in the late '60s. The Klan was in the woodwork if you first arrived in the late '70s.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
My Guess: Redskins, Nationals, Capitols, and Bulls (cause no one likes the Bullets)
Close, my friend! Nats, Caps (although, tbh, hockey isn't really my thing), Bullets (and it would be MY PLEASURE if they went back to being called the bullets) and....the browns.

I stopped following pro ball a bunch of years back because college was just so much more interesting, with more variety of scheme. I just recently started following teh browns because I'm curious if a sabremetic approach can work in the NFL.