Georgia State

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
There is an archive of games on WREK, or has been in past. @TheDanielHordShow may know where too.

What a memorable game. What a call; Wiley was fantastic as usual in setting it up. He is such a natural at broadcasting. I watched the first 3 HRs and was listening to Wiley walking the dog in the woods. Memorable and priceless.

That last AB was interesting to me for several reasons. First, State chose to pitch to Burress. Second, Burress wasn't just up there going for a HR IMHO. It was a 1-2 count (KBK) that he hit the HR on. Finally, it was a good pitch that Burress hit, not a mistake and off the fourth pitcher Burress hit HRs off yesterday. While I like all our players, I pull for those who chose to come to GT to start even more. Burress had other good options; we are lucky he decided to come to college.

The game will always go down as the one where Burress hit 4 HRs. But very notable is that it was our first shutout since May 2022. It's been over a year! 1 BB, 0 HBP, 14K. And Ga State has been averaging over 5 runs a game.

And our D was very good until the backups were put in.
I don't listen to the radio much for baseball. I know Andy was on the TV call. However my cousin who currently attends GT works at WREK so I might ask her if she can find some audio of Wiley.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't listen to the radio much for baseball. I know Andy was on the TV call. However my cousin who currently attends GT works at WREK so I might ask her if she can find some audio of Wiley.

Thanks. Several of us watch ACCNX and have Wiley on when he is on WREK. Either synch up the time by delaying WREK or like I do listen to WREK while doing other things and get back to the screen for key plays. (Don't know if anyone has noticed but there is a lot of dead time in baseball.)

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I currently work for WREK. Looks like Burress hit it a little after 6 which would put it in the Goldsoundz block. The replays are available next to “listen again” on the specialty show page. I would scrub through it myself but I need to run to ESM…
When you click on the link on that webpage it downloads an audio file so you'll have forever if you want. The pitch that hits Brosius is at 9:25 if you want to listen to the entire at bat including Wiley's lead up. If you just want to listen to the HR call go to 10:50.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
There is an archive of games on WREK, or has been in past. @TheDanielHordShow may know where too.

What a memorable game. What a call; Wiley was fantastic as usual in setting it up. He is such a natural at broadcasting. I watched the first 3 HRs and was listening to Wiley walking the dog in the woods. Memorable and priceless.

That last AB was interesting to me for several reasons. First, State chose to pitch to Burress. Second, Burress wasn't just up there going for a HR IMHO. It was a 1-2 count (KBK) that he hit the HR on. Finally, it was a good pitch that Burress hit, not a mistake and off the fourth pitcher Burress hit HRs off yesterday. While I like all our players, I pull for those who chose to come to GT to start even more. Burress had other good options; we are lucky he decided to come to college.

The game will always go down as the one where Burress hit 4 HRs. But very notable is that it was our first shutout since May 2022. It's been over a year! 1 BB, 0 HBP, 14K. And Ga State has been averaging over 5 runs a game.

And our D was very good until the backups were put in.
Love everything you said. But one other factoid just to add some balance. UGa also shut Georgia State a week ago by the score of 15-0. Doesn’t mean much, except that maybe this is a down year for Ga State.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tomorrow we go @ Ga State for a 1600 start. Weather looks nice for baseball. We won last one @ Russ Chandler 10-0.

LFG. Here's the important stuff: Wiley on WREK and video on ESPN+. https://ramblinwreck.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/2024-Baseball-Game-Notes-GSU-2.pdf
1710797880377.png

1710797753849.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Whew!

Our bullpen guys...at least the top guys...were strong. In fact, our pitching overall was pretty darn good today. 1 BB and 1 HBP all game. Pretty.

Happy to see Ellis' bat wake up a little bit. We need it. GLAD to get a road win, a loss here would surely have hurt our RPI...

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
With this offense, I rarely concede the loss. But I'll admit, loading the bases with no outs, and failing to bring anyone home had me thinking this just might not be our night.

Glad our guys proved me wrong.
This was my first trip to Panthersville and I have to say that my high school, Pope has a nicer baseball stadium. I'll just leave it there.

Not only did we leave bases full we no one out. In the 2nd, we left the bases full with 2 outs. It really began to feel like this was not our night; however, this team just flat out keeps battling.

I thought the Ga State coach was smart tactically as he kept rotating in pitchers so our lineup only saw a pitcher one time through and our hitters had to adjust almost every time through the lineup.

Drew finally got his pitch in the 9th and drove it to tie the game with the double but good gracious...Matthew Ellis is country strong! What a moon shot.

Despite the 4 run 5th given up by the pitching staff, the other 8 innings were scoreless. Nice close in the 8th for Cam Hill and Cam Jones closing the door in the 9th after the boys took the lead.

Panthersville was MIGHTY quiet and our band of White N Gold in attendance were loud and boisterous!

9 straight.
16-4
3-0 - ACC

Now go beat the tarholes!

If you watch the replay on the espn app, I'm the guy in the business white shirt right behind the plate!

Go Jackets!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From last night, the pitching was great. 67% strikes which is good (not in the 50's like NC State). And a total of 145 pitches for 9 IP is very efficient.

We only gave up 2 ER runs in the 5th inning. And the first batter "should" have been out except Ellis tripped going for a foul ball. Not scored an error of course (it was a play which *should* have been made). If that out is made, only 1 ER on a HR. That inning also had our only scored fielding error by Ballard, so we had a sloppy inning and paid for it. We had loaded the based T5 with no outs and didn't score, so we were lucky the Baseball Gods didn't give us a Loss for the night.

Out offense wasn't prodigious as usual; we only scored in 2 innings with a low (.244) BA and 6BB. But our RISP was .300 with the clutch 9th.
1710936228236.png