Georgia State

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No game notes yet but here are the relevant meta stats. We are predicted to win 11-5. Never right, but it's interesting.

1708986837787.png

1708986925649.png

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
And we threw a shutout! When was the last time we had a player hit 4-homers AND we threw a shutout in the same game? I bet it's been a while :) 😁🙂

But seriously, a great game. I notice that we haven't used Logan McGuire since the Southern game. Do we think that CDH is holding him back for a start against UGa?

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
And we threw a shutout! When was the last time we had a player hit 4-homers AND we threw a shutout in the same game? I bet it's been a while :) 😁🙂

But seriously, a great game. I notice that we haven't used Logan McGuire since the Southern game. Do we think that CDH is holding him back for a start against UGa?
According to Wiley Ballard and Andy Demetra, this is the first time that Georgia Tech has had a player hit 4 HR's in a game. So, never before...

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game and had planned to leave after 7 innings until Brosius came up with 2 outs. Since Burress was up next, i had relegated myself to watching us bat in the 8th if Brosius did not get on base. I was really glad to see Parker get drilled in the back with no injury which let Drew hit his 4th in the 7th inning. :ROFLMAO:
The way Burress was swinging last night, it could easily have been 5 if he had not walked one time.
The on deck circle was right in front of me and it is interesting to watch Drew's pre bat routine. The weighted bat he uses looks like it could weigh 20 lbs to me. He doesn't swing it much, sets up with every pitch but doesn't swing. Sometimes makes a swing between pitches.
Becchetti also impresses me with his pop, especially with his size The one he hit last night cleared the batter's eye. He was hitting 5th last night, and Giesler did not play. Hope he is OK for the Dawgs.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anyone have Wiley's call of the 4th Burress homer? I like Demetra just fine for football and basketball, but Wiley is the voice of Beesball!

There is an archive of games on WREK, or has been in past. @TheDanielHordShow may know where too.

What a memorable game. What a call; Wiley was fantastic as usual in setting it up. He is such a natural at broadcasting. I watched the first 3 HRs and was listening to Wiley walking the dog in the woods. Memorable and priceless.

That last AB was interesting to me for several reasons. First, State chose to pitch to Burress. Second, Burress wasn't just up there going for a HR IMHO. It was a 1-2 count (KBK) that he hit the HR on. Finally, it was a good pitch that Burress hit, not a mistake and off the fourth pitcher Burress hit HRs off yesterday. While I like all our players, I pull for those who chose to come to GT to start even more. Burress had other good options; we are lucky he decided to come to college.

The game will always go down as the one where Burress hit 4 HRs. But very notable is that it was our first shutout since May 2022. It's been over a year! 1 BB, 0 HBP, 14K. And Ga State has been averaging over 5 runs a game.

And our D was very good until the backups were put in.