Georgia State, Baseball

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I imagine our RPI is taking a beating from these midweek losses. And we haven’t even really started the hard part of our season yet, except for the Louisville series. A regional bid is looking very unlikely right now - although obviously there’s plenty of time to turn things around. That would take a noticeable improvement in pitching and infield defense though.
It's still a little early for RPI, but since you mentioned it, our RPI is still floating around the 60's. Last night was a 6 slot hit, but the Auburn and Wofford losses are considered "good" losses as both are in the top 50 RPI right now. Last night's loss is our only sub 50 loss of the season. I know this will change as the season progresses, I'm just providing a snapshot in time.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, it was extremely difficult for Georgia State to beat our team. It took them 14 innings!

LOL
Our offense sure seems to struggle in late and extra innings - not sure if our guys are just tired, or better pitching, or better pitch calling after seeing a couple at bats. Last night it was the 4 DP’s in the 9th and beyond that killed us.

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
As a former Panther this win brings me great joy.

As a lifelong Tech fan it reaffirms the fact that Danny Hall is well past his prime and should have been gone 10 years ago. He has a top 5, arguably top 3 state talentwise to recruit from and gets DUDES every year, but struggles to put a winning product on the field. There is NO WAY anyone should accept GT not HOSTING a regional every year, let alone being concerned about them not making one. He gets a pass because baseball is a non revenue sport, but no one can change my mind on that.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

As a lifelong Tech fan it reaffirms the fact that Danny Hall is well past his prime and should have been gone 10 years ago. He has a top 5, arguably top 3 state talentwise to recruit from and gets DUDES every year, but struggles to put a winning product on the field. There is NO WAY anyone should accept GT not HOSTING a regional every year, let alone being concerned about them not making one. He gets a pass because baseball is a non revenue sport, but no one can change my mind on that.

Perfect Game Class average for last 3 years is at ~8. And this year so far we are in mid-60's RPI. Nothing is going to change till the MLB alum funding the program want it to IMHO. IIWII.

1680101705085.png

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Totally agree. They will try to convince you though.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
And from what I understand, Ramsey has been the key guy recruiting-wise the last few years. Not sure CDH brings much to the table anymore other than his reputation, much of which was earned quite a few years ago (15-20+).
So... if CDH has handed over much of the 'operation' to his assistants [I also believe this to be true] ... at what point is Ramsey damaging his own resume instead of enhancing it?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, his side of the ball(as they say), isn't giving up 8-10 runs a game...
No argument there but his side of the ball has issues too.

My point which isn't really directly related to this part of this thread is... when he's been here as long as he has AND been elevated to Associate HC AND it's believed he's running much of the operation (whatever that might mean)... then at some point the finger pointing needs to be accurately distributed.

Those loudest to get rid of Hall seem to also be loudest saying Hall sticking around could result in the worst case outcome of "losing" Ramsey... does none of Hall's & DBo's stink get on Ramsey... ever?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
No argument there but his side of the ball has issues too.

My point which isn't really directly related to this part of this thread is... when he's been here as long as he has AND been elevated to Associate HC AND it's believed he's running much of the operation (whatever that might mean)... then at some point the finger pointing needs to be accurately distributed.

Those loudest to get rid of Hall seem to also be loudest saying Hall sticking around could result in the worst case outcome of "losing" Ramsey... does none of Hall's & DBo's stink get on Ramsey... ever?

Collins and Key was the same way. Now, we have to wait and see on pure results, but we already have seen an entirely different structure and seriousness to the program. So, imo we don’t technically know how much Ramsey is actually running things. I don’t think you get a fair assessment there until you he has full keys to the program.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
There’s 3 alternatives post-Hall:
a. Under new leadership we suddenly
transform into a powerhouse. We regret “taking so long”. It was clear what the problem was.
b. We stay in this 20-40 performance range, see no change we all envisioned. We have to ask “maybe it’s us not him?”
c. We circle the drain. We massively regret all bad comments or thoughts we had and wish we still had him at helm. It’s definitely us. Oh no, what now?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
We played uGA at Coolray for the Sunday game, no? I watched that one live. It's definitely not a lack of broadcasting capability.
That was broadcast and produced by the SEC Network. They have remote broadcast capability. Have you ever seen a live TV broadcast of a Gwinnett Stripers ballgame? I never did when I lived in the area and I have never seen one since I moved away. So what makes you think they have the capability to broadcast a Ga State game? The SEC and ACC have production equipment at each conference location. Georgia State, Georgia Southern and other schools in that realm may have the ability to broadcast home games but I'm not sure any of them have the ability to broadcast neutral site games. Had this been a home game for Tech you would have been watching it on TV since one of those big ESPN trailers would have been parked outside.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
That was broadcast and produced by the SEC Network. They have remote broadcast capability. Have you ever seen a live TV broadcast of a Gwinnett Stripers ballgame? I never did when I lived in the area and I have never seen one since I moved away. So what makes you think they have the capability to broadcast a Ga State game? The SEC and ACC have production equipment at each conference location. Georgia State, Georgia Southern and other schools in that realm may have the ability to broadcast home games but I'm not sure any of them have the ability to broadcast neutral site games. Had this been a home game for Tech you would have been watching it on TV since one of those big ESPN trailers would have been parked outside.
Just FYI, all Stripers games are streamed on MiLB.tv I think that started last season. I don't know that this means equipment was available to Georgia St., but the capability is certainly there.