Georgia State, Baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well we have the first Georgia State game this Tuesday @6PM @CoolRay Field. Cloudy in the 60's so reasonable weather. Second game will be @GT on 12 April.

They have an (unreliable) RPI of 103. But are 3-4 against expected Quadrant 1 teams. So they can beat us but we'll be favored. (Our unreliable RPI is 62).

Here's how they've done mid-week:
2/28 W6-4 @ Alabama State
3/7 W11-8 Kennesaw
3/14 L 9-11 @Mercer
3/21 L 3-8 uGag

They have Coastal Carolina this weekend so that will be a big series for them. I'd expect they'd limit the pitches (<50?) for anyone who could play versus Coastal three days later. Just like we'd limit anyone who we might want Friday @BC.

Needless to say, we need every win for RPI and every loss is a missed opportunity with 40% of the season gone. There are no meaningless games.

No idea whose starting since I didn't see Game Notes for the game yet.

1679949814342.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well we have the first Georgia State game this Tuesday @6PM @CoolRay Field. Cloudy in the 60's so reasonable weather. Second game will be @GT on 12 April.

They have an (unreliable) RPI of 103. But are 3-4 against expected Quadrant 1 teams. So they can beat us but we'll be favored. (Our unreliable RPI is 62).

Here's how they've done mid-week:
2/28 W6-4 @ Alabama State
3/7 W11-8 Kennesaw
3/14 L 9-11 @Mercer
3/21 L 3-8 uGag

They have Coastal Carolina this weekend so that will be a big series for them. I'd expect they'd limit the pitches (<50?) for anyone who could play versus Coastal three days later. Just like we'd limit anyone who we might want Friday @BC.

Needless to say, we need every win for RPI and every loss is a missed opportunity with 40% of the season gone. There are no meaningless games.

No idea whose starting since I didn't see Game Notes for the game yet.

View attachment 14194
I think you forgot our midweek game vs Auburn. I know…it was very forgettable.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd like to see Samol start and see if he can take over the weekday starter role.

I'd like if Samol "starts" and goes through the lineup at most twice or 50 pitches, whichever is less. That would be stretching him out. And outside of ND recently, he's been doing well. (I know "Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?") BTW, still no game notes so I don't know the starting pitcher.

1680001729044.png

And since you brought up our mid-week performances (I've tried to flush @Auburn for years), we play close mid-week games usually regardless of our competition. Our OOC RPI is 103. What'll happen tonight? Someone will win.
2/21 Ga Southern W 8-6
2/28 Long Island W 11-7
3/1 Kennesaw State W 5-4
3/7 Lipscomb W 10-5
3/14 Auburn L 11-12 12 innings
3/21 Wofford L 5-8

I thought we'd be favored, but not by the Warren Nolan algorithm. Looks like Ga State bats second which gives them an advantage and they have a good home record and we have a poor road record. That batting second makes sense since the one other game is @GT:
1680002348430.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm spoiled living out of state, but I've definitely become accustomed to watching any game I want without exception.

This is a little annoying.
Same here. In this case the fault lies with Georgia State as they are the home team and apparently have no remote television capability. Not sure if The Stripers have a TV facility in their park. I don't remember ever seeing their games on TV so probably not.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Same here. In this case the fault lies with Georgia State as they are the home team and apparently have no remote television capability. Not sure if The Stripers have a TV facility in their park. I don't remember ever seeing their games on TV so probably not.
We played uGA at Coolray for the Sunday game, no? I watched that one live. It's definitely not a lack of broadcasting capability.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We aren't making a regional this year, we can't even beat a couple of guys off the street ( Nacho Libre) -
Way too soon to say this. Last night was brutal; but it isn't even April yet. Making a regional is not even a long shot... it is also not a forgone conclusion. I'd be surprised if the ACC fields fewer than 8 teams in the tournament.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We aren't making a regional this year, we can't even beat a couple of guys off the street ( Nacho Libre) -
I imagine our RPI is taking a beating from these midweek losses. And we haven’t even really started the hard part of our season yet, except for the Louisville series. A regional bid is looking very unlikely right now - although obviously there’s plenty of time to turn things around. That would take a noticeable improvement in pitching and infield defense though.