Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
There was talent to win 6-8 games only if CPJ was HC. We were not going to find a HOF coach to replace CPJ. Further, no one of any quality who could have made something out off the roster was willing to come for how much we paid. It was going to take time to transition away from CPJ's offense and elevate the talent and depth on the roster. Add in the unrealistic expectations of GT fans that we could win 6-8 right away (which is downright laughable and who exactly is the crack smoker) and no wonder we ended up with a fraud. Who else would touch us? This is why CGC was able to negotiate a seven year contract. Our pickings were slim.

I find this whole argument trite. It is possible that both CGC was a horrible head coach and that our roster was lacking talent to win immediately.
I know better than to argue with you but I am 100% certain you are wrong, but will not engage further :D
Just to be clear 6-8 wins does not mean a loaded roster. Things are not binary
:D

Last edited:

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
The talent level was much better when CGC left than what he got here. It was also dumb of CGC to not incorporate any of the option offense since that is how the roster was constructed, how the players were previously coached, and what Coach Pat was probably best at running.
was the defensive talent much better?

On offense, did Collins bring in King or Haynes?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I know better than to argue with you but I am 100% certain you are wrong, but will not engage further :D
Just to be clear 6-8 wins does not mean a loaded roster. Things are not binary
:D
I am 100% certain I am right. If we had the roster to win 6-8 games, we would have had more interest from quality head coaches. We also would not have had to negotiate a seven year contract with CGC No, we did not the roster to win 6-8 games unless we brought CPJ back or hired another HOF caliber HC who we were never going to get.

We can agree that CGC was a bad hire, but I do not think any one else we could have hired would have won 6-8 games their first year with that OL and the skill position players on offense. It was going to take time to transition away from CPJ's scheme and improve the quality and depth on the roster to where we were competitive.

I never argued we needed a loaded roster to win 6-8 games. I am not the one being binary here.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
was the defensive talent much better?

On offense, did Collins bring in King or Haynes?
TFG didn't bring in King, he's a Brent Key transfer, but the 2021 class that Jamal Haynes came in with contributed a ton for us this year. Zeek Biggers, Corey Robinson, Trenilus Tatum, Malik Rutherford, Weston Franklin came in from high school. And guys like Kyric McGowan, Ace Eley, Makius Scott, and Keion White came to us via the transfer portal. Just looking at the names we brought in that year it might be more of an indictment on TFG for only getting three wins a season out of that talent.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
TFG didn't bring in King, he's a Brent Key transfer, but the 2021 class that Jamal Haynes came in with contributed a ton for us this year. Zeek Biggers, Corey Robinson, Trenilus Tatum, Malik Rutherford, Weston Franklin came in from high school. And guys like Kyric McGowan, Ace Eley, Makius Scott, and Keion White came to us via the transfer portal. Just looking at the names we brought in that year it might be more of an indictment on TFG for only getting three wins a season out of that talent.
Right, I got mixed up about Haynes. Smith was the CPJ recruit.

But yeah, generally that’s the point I was trying to make: Key pulled some key contributors out of the portal, made some better coaching hires, and ramped up the win total in short order. And if Collins couldn’t get those results out of these guys, maybe 3-9 wasn’t just the fault of “Johnson’s recruits” - maybe they, also, could’ve been better than Collins made them look.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I am 100% certain I am right. If we had the roster to win 6-8 games, we would have had more interest from quality head coaches. We also would not have had to negotiate a seven year contract with CGC No, we did not the roster to win 6-8 games unless we brought CPJ back or hired another HOF caliber HC who we were never going to get.

We can agree that CGC was a bad hire, but I do not think any one else we could have hired would have won 6-8 games their first year with that OL and the skill position players on offense. It was going to take time to transition away from CPJ's scheme and improve the quality and depth on the roster to where we were competitive.

I never argued we needed a loaded roster to win 6-8 games. I am not the one being binary here.
No way we could have won 8 games, but we darn sure could have won 6. Just don’t lose to Citadel and you have 4. Add Temple and UVA and you have 6.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
No way we could have won 8 games, but we darn sure could have won 6. Just don’t lose to Citadel and you have 4. Add Temple and UVA and you have 6.
Their love for that man is enduring, I'm spot them that. Like Tammy Wynette sang:

IMG_0166.jpeg

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
There is nothing you can present as evidence to prove I am wrong. Both are opinions. Even if I am incorrect, which I am not, it is just an opinion. So, don't act like you know when you do not. No one does.
"I don't know, but I am correct" thanks for reiterating my post.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
We got tech fans arguing with each other (again) about E=MC2.

Time to shut the thread down mods

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure why I even bothered to give an opinion. Some JA is going to say I am wrong and act like they can disprove an opinion. Yeah, I am confident in my opinions. Get over it. Bye Felicia! You know who you are.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Prove me wrong like you stated that I am.

If you think I agreed with you, you are more dense than you appear.
You've admitted you cannot prove you are right, that you have no idea, yet you claim with 100% confidence that you are correct.

Can you say bye felicia a few more times? It's my favorite thing you do. Pretty please?

Status
Not open for further replies.