Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
He had his his man in his sights, Jeff Sims. :ROFLMAO:
BTW, Sims will not get to a bowl game this year, Nebraska lost to Iowa when they had the ball from after an interception with 23 seconds left in the game on their 48 with the score tied. The Nebraska QB (not Sims but similar results) threw an interception with 15 seconds left. Iowa ran it to the 16 and kicked the winning fieldgoal as time expired. A devastating defeat for GC3's mentor and buddy Matt Rhule.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Never thought I’d be so hateful towards somebody who hasn’t committed any actual crimes- but the sight of him with a 404 hat and Waffle House cup is actually repulsive
I am choosing to feel that Collins was the sacrifice we had to go through after a lot of good years with CPJ (love me some CPJ) in order to get to Brent who looks to be as good a man as CPJ is.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Him being anywhere near Penn State football lol
I've never been much of a Penn State fan...but I seriously wouldn't wish that on anyone. And I always appreciate your posts.

Hoping y'all dodge a bullet on this one. Even if he would be cheap, he should really be paying YOU to let him anywhere near your team. (And even with our buyout, he doesn't have enough money to make that a bargain worth your while.)

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Well, you wouldn’t have to pay him. He’s still on our payroll. What could go wrong?
I have heard he has been paid fully. If true, I like to believe it was a negotiated settlement in our favor.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
PSU needs to fire their coach for even considering hiring him.
Franklin is a replica of Collins with (until now) a better track record of hiring coordinators. Franklin’s in game coaching is about as bad as Collins with regards to idiotic time management and wtf moments. Franklin definitely knows how to run a program though unlike Collins.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Franklin is a replica of Collins with (until now) a better track record of hiring coordinators. Franklin’s in game coaching is about as bad as Collins with regards to idiotic time management and wtf moments. Franklin definitely knows how to run a program though unlike Collins.
Vanderbilt has four 9-win seasons ever. James Franklin had 2 in 3 seasons at Vandy. The other 2 came in 1904 and 1915. Since Franklin left n 2014, Vandy has the same amount of 10-loss seasons as they do bowl games with 2.

He’s won 11 games 4 times, and 10+ five, along with 3 NY6 wins. Franklin may make bad in-game decisions sometimes, but there is zero context where Collins is even comparable to James Franklin.

Status
Not open for further replies.