Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Saw Gibbs run for the Lions last night.

On reflection, it was good Gibbs went to Alabama. If he'd stayed, we'd have had TFG longer.

Karma.

nick cummins rose GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I've never been much of a Penn State fan...but I seriously wouldn't wish that on anyone. And I always appreciate your posts.

Hoping y'all dodge a bullet on this one. Even if he would be cheap, he should really be paying YOU to let him anywhere near your team. (And even with our buyout, he doesn't have enough money to make that a bargain worth your while.)
You misspoke, I think. You would wish him on the Athens vocational and charm school.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Franklin is a replica of Collins with (until now) a better track record of hiring coordinators. Franklin’s in game coaching is about as bad as Collins with regards to idiotic time management and wtf moments. Franklin definitely knows how to run a program though unlike Collins.
I love James Franklin and I do believe he’s done a great job at Penn St if you look at the big picture but he does have a brain fart once a year that sometimes cost us a win lol. The dude has won the Big 10 championship, fiesta bowl, cotton bowl, Rose Bowl and is headed to the Peach Bowl this year. He’s also lost a Rose Bowl. When Franklin was hired at Penn St the team was under death penalty sanctions playing with a bunch of walk-Ons and he never had a losing season so he’s done a great job IMO but he’s definitely struggled against Ohio St but in reality there’s only a couple of teams that wouldn’t struggle against Ohio St if you had to play ‘em every year. I try and be positive with Ga Tech and Penn St football but also try to keep it real. I’ll say this to all college football fans, if you’re winning 10 or more football games most of the time count your blessings 😂
Thank you for the kind words thatguy. I also enjoy your post.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I love James Franklin and I do believe he’s done a great job at Penn St if you look at the big picture but he does have a brain fart once a year that sometimes cost us a win lol. The dude has won the Big 10 championship, fiesta bowl, cotton bowl, Rose Bowl and is headed to the Peach Bowl this year. He’s also lost a Rose Bowl. When Franklin was hired at Penn St the team was under death penalty sanctions playing with a bunch of walk-Ons and he never had a losing season so he’s done a great job IMO but he’s definitely struggled against Ohio St but in reality there’s only a couple of teams that wouldn’t struggle against Ohio St if you had to play ‘em every year. I try and be positive with Ga Tech and Penn St football but also try to keep it real. I’ll say this to all college football fans, if you’re winning 10 or more football games most of the time count your blessings 😂
Penn State is in a tough conference. In any given year there are at least 6 teams that can give you a L. The additions of USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon will, in my opinion, make it the toughest conference in the country.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Franklin's just looking for some elite D.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Franklin is Penn States Mark Richt. Good enough to beat the teams he has built in advantages against but not a good enough coach to beat teams at his level or above his level. I also have Penn State connections and want them to move on as he’s proven what he is. I’d rather take a chance on a new coach who can try and move them up a tier. But I also understand being happy to win 9 games a year against the nobodies is appealing.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
How our last AD gave this skinny pants wearing clown a 7 year contract with no offsets is unfathomable.
Stansbury AND Peterson both have entered the room.

Actually I was thinking the contract wording was that his salary would be paid over the life of his contract and a settlement for an up front settlement could be negotiated in our favor.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
There were no offsets in his contract and he was paid in full. How our last AD gave this skinny pants wearing clown a 7 year contract with no offsets is unfathomable. Good man who loved GT, but that one decision cost him his dream job. Good riddance. Enjoy NC State.
Paid in full. Wow.

Given our debt situation, I had no idea we had that kind of cash available. Nice to hear, though.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Paid in full. Wow.

Given our debt situation, I had no idea we had that kind of cash available. Nice to hear, though.
I have no knowledge, but I would suppose that several big money boosters paid for the quick and dirty exit of both. If this is true, I would consider it a very strong warning shot to future AD's that they will be held accountable for stupid decisions.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Going to talk to my boss tomorrow and see if I can get held accountable like that any time soon.
I thought after I typed that, if the assumption is true, that getting fired with a $7M golden parachute is not very compelling. Ha! However, it does send a strong message that your decisions affect your employment status.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Franklin is a replica of Collins with (until now) a better track record of hiring coordinators. Franklin’s in game coaching is about as bad as Collins with regards to idiotic time management and wtf moments. Franklin definitely knows how to run a program though unlike Collins.
Franklin is 88–38 at Penn State. 56–32 in conference. He has always had good defenses. His offenses have generally struggled. Moorhead and Rhane were solid OC 2016-2019. Since both left for HC gigs his offense has sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.