Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Hospice has been called. The sun is setting on this coach.

You Got This Get Well GIF by ANTI- Records

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
We’ve lost the last 9 games we’ve played against Division 1 opponents and only two of those losses were one possession. The last five of those have all been 3 or more possessions. Pathetic.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Looking back it, it’s kinda sadistic to run triple option at all at this point. And have it not work makes it even more twisted lol

This can’t be real. Wake me when the nightmare ends 😂

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
We’ve lost the last 9 games we’ve played against Division 1 opponents and only two of those losses were one possession. The last five of those have all been 3 or more possessions. Pathetic.

If you can’t see the improvement, clearly you aren’t looking. 😏

For example, we only had one punt blocked today. That’s one less than we had in our opener. See. That’s clear progress right there!! 😏

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I know everyone loves a good CPJ Collins comparison.
How would the 3 win PJ team do against any Collins team?
It would beat this team by 30+. It would be bad.
Monken isn’t married to the spread option. He was a finalist for USC and he had said he wouldn’t bring the option with him. He runs it because that’s the only way to win at a service academy. He has an OC that calls the plays, he doesn’t run the offense there.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
The irony of all this is the firing comes after we played one of Collins' best games ever in his time at GT. We were in the game almost to the end. Had we not been so poorly coached, we may have won.
The team looked better (the athletes)…but that didn’t look like a well coached team to me. A blocked punt (#4 on the year) and stupid penalties killed us today. As someone else said, a “c” coaching effort would have got us a win.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
The irony of all this is the firing comes after we played one of Collins' best games ever in his time at GT. We were in the game almost to the end. Had we not been so poorly coached, we may have won.
Sure. If we just cleaned up the mistakes in our punting game, we’d be in the playoff.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The team looked better (the athletes)…but that didn’t look like a well coached team to me. A blocked punt (#4 on the year) and stupid penalties killed us today. As someone else said, a “c” coaching effort would have got us a win.
Yes, it was one of his best games despite the fact we were still poorly coached. I should have stated it better: We went from atrocious coaching to pretty piss poor coaching & that was a massive improvement.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I saw O'Leary yesterday & was inclined to go thank him for the good years at GT but didn't. I'm not sure his general condition 4 years ago when he & his ilk foisted Collins on us, but if it was anything like yesterday we were out of our minds. The years have taken their toll on him. It was pretty sad to see because the last time I saw him he seemed energetic, etc.

This whole how we got Collins in the first place is really bugging me. We overlooked every warnign sign & went with someone being pushed by the powerful and influential few and it really screwed us. I guess that's how it always works, but our powerful and influential need to go hire some experts.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

LOL...I was about to post a question about the coaches under CGC and thought of this scenario.

Has anyone seen CGC or an assistant coach get into the face of a player for boneheaded mistakes since CGC has been a coach? We use to see it repeated under every coach pre CGC. Paul Johnson was notorious for giving his piece of mind to a player that royally screwed up (Remember the "What are you STUPID?!! butt chewing an OL got for false start on 4th and short against UGA?).

If rumors of Key taking over are true, I think some of our players are in for a VERY rude awakening come practice Monday. Key will lay into players.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
LOL...I was about to post a question about the coaches under CGC and thought of this scenario.

Has anyone seen CGC or an assistant coach get into the face of a player for boneheaded mistakes since CGC has been a coach? We use to see it repeated under every coach pre CGC. Paul Johnson was notorious for giving his piece of mind to a player that royally screwed up (Remember the "What are you STUPID?!! butt chewing an OL got for false start on 4th and short against UGA?).

If rumors of Key taking over are true, I think some of our players are in for a VERY rude awakening come practice Monday. Key will lay into players.
I was seated behind the bench yesterday. There's some interesting dynamics to be taken out of watching our sideline. Not once did I see anything animated going on & there seemed to be no accountability being administered.

Early in the game I saw Dontae pacing around after having been taken out because they seem to be committed to some sort of RB rotation. His body language was not good in my opinion. Dontae plays few 3rd down plays it seems, he's relegated to a 1st & 2nd down back when he's even in there which is maybe 1 possession in 3. Hall had a good game yesterday, but if anyone's earned carries it's Dontae. Averaging 6.0 ypc and he's only getting 8 carries per game in an offense that's sputtering. It seems purposeful.

There were visible outbursts on the sideline that appeared to be unrelated to specific plays during the game. I'm not sure what was being discussed, but by the end of the game it got pretty heated. One player was swinging his helmet around and I'd be surprised if he's with the team next week.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
he's relegated to a 1st & 2nd down back when he's even in there which is maybe 1 possession in 3
I don't have access to PFF, but someone in another thread said that Dontae had been grading the worst in pass blocking. If true, it is hard to justify him being in on third downs much.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I don't have access to PFF, but someone in another thread said that Dontae had been grading the worst in pass blocking. If true, it is hard to justify him being in on third downs much.
He needs to work on that. NFL expects it from their backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.