Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Some of you need to send him a bill, because he is living rent-free in your heads.
I am sorry, B*** L**** took a team that four years earlier won a MNC with loads of NFL talent, and he personally destroyed the entire locker room going 1-10. Collins is a bad head coach, but if there is one positive is that he still not as bad as B*** L****.
Bill Lewis left in 1994, and Geoff Collins left in 2022. How long has "B*** L****" been living "rent free" in your head?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
So how is my day "ruined" from laughing at a tweet? You just get in your feels every time someone mentions him which seems to be a you problem.

Kinda weird, that, if like you say, "move on", then why are you so consumed with helicopter Daddy'n people that bring him up? Just ignore it or skim over it. But naw...
The thread is 18 pages long. How many posts exactly are ones with funny tweets?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm aware he has his agents. Contract, body of work, blah, blah, blah BS blah.
Hell, I met PJ's agent, Jack Reale. Now there was a piece of work.
But you can take your advice and shove it. I spend a lot of time and money going to Tech games and that (bleep) ruined three years of travel and spectating. You don't like it? Ask me if I give a (bleep).
Screw that bleep. He damn near sank our program to depths even the Thresher didn't get to before it imploded.
Just curious about your second sentence. I don't get how meeting PJ's agent is relevant to anything else in your rant????

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Mods, can we just call it a tie between the two esteemed candidates and go ahead and lock this thread? There is so much passion involved in this poll between the backers of each candidate ;) that things may get out of hand.

Suggestions for the next pole:
- Jones or Hamilton?
- Cremins or Ross?
- Price or Anderson?
- Sisson or Butker?
- Moe's and Joe's or Manuel's?
- Calculus or physics?
-

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Please stop ranting about Collins! Don’t you know the internet should be a place of decorum? This site is not for venting. No one should be working through 3 years of frustration by being negative about the former coach. Strong opinions about public figures, especially sports personalities, cross the line. All you people ranting about Collins are living rent free in my head!

😊

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Are people actually upset that GT fans found Twitter jokes about Collins funny?! I mean the guy literally turned our program into a punching bag of jokes (see Twitter reaction to CGC), and we paid him $11million to go away...you'd think we can at least laugh at jokes that mean nothing in the long run.

I think we just found the people who don't like to have fun at parties...

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Mods, can we just call it a tie between the two esteemed candidates and go ahead and lock this thread? There is so much passion involved in this poll between the backers of each candidate ;) that things may get out of hand.

- Jones or Hamilton?
- Cremins or Ross?
- Price or Anderson?
- Sisson or Butker?
- Calculus or physics?
-
Moe's and Joe's, Manuel's is terrible.

slugboy

Staff member

- Jones or Hamilton?
- Cremins or Ross?
- Price or Anderson?
- Sisson or Butker?
- Calculus or physics?
-
I was more of a Moe’s and Joe’s guy, but they were both great.
I miss the Beer Mug

CEB

Helluva Engineer
One thing I hope we can all agree on is that we don’t have to revisit the worst GT coach of all time thread. I don’t really care if we award it to TFG or coronate B*** L**** but I really hope we don’t have another candidate emerge!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
One thing I hope we can all agree on is that we don’t have to revisit the worst GT coach of all time thread. I don’t really care if we award it to TFG or coronate B*** L**** but I really hope we don’t have another candidate emerge!
If there were internet forums back in BL's day would he have the same number of ardent followers valiantly defending his honor as does CS? I think not. What is it about CS that make some feel all gooey inside?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I assume he was there for his “podcast” which kinda makes sense. That said I can’t imagine a worse move to cement animosity with the GT faithful than this.

He also looks like a chump to anyone who casually followed his tenure here, but really I’m not sure there was much more possible damage to be done to his GT history. He has officially become the Heel in GT Mythology.

Also there is precious little a burger and cold PBR from Moes&Joes couldn’t solve, but the remaining things were resolvable via a short walk down to Highland Tap and a martini.

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Are people actually upset that GT fans found Twitter jokes about Collins funny?! I mean the guy literally turned our program into a punching bag of jokes (see Twitter reaction to CGC), and we paid him $11million to go away...you'd think we can at least laugh at jokes that mean nothing in the long run.

I think we just found the people who don't like to have fun at parties...
$11 million? No wonder this program is chronically short of money.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
$11 million? No wonder this program is chronically short of money.
I think we paid less tham 11$mm, but let's look at some number $$

1. All ACC teams and All SEC teams receive equal $ shares of their respective tv deals.
From tv in 2020 Gt received 32$mm and UGA received 53$mm.
2. Schools athletics receieve donations from alumni and others. These are based on good will and financial capabilities of donors.
From donations in 2020 gt received 11$mm and uga received 63$mm.
Gt is near bottom of acc in donations.
3. Schools also receive revenue from tickets sales for events. Again these tickets are purchased by alumni and sidewalk fans.
From ticket sales gt received 11$mm and uga received 38$mm. Again gt is nesr bottom of acc schools in ticket sales
4 Putting these 3 together shows gt receives 32/11/11 = 55$mm and uga receivers 53/63/38= 156$m
5. As a percent of total gt donations are 20% and at uga donations are 40% of total.
CONCLUSION SO FAR GT HAS WAY LESS MONEY FOR THE COACHES COMPENSATION- this includes mobizilation expenses, salary, allowances, incentive bonuses, demobilization expenses, and severance packages.

Any screw up at gt is a big hit.
Since there is no guaranteed method for hiring coaches ( it is what it is ) we need to find way more money to erase gt being known as 100-0.

Uh oh.
Unfortunately, we have additional areas that increase our costs

There are special gt limitations that would cause a VERY GOOD coach
to want a bigger compensation package. Some follow:
A. more expensive urban location ( this is minor)
B. Tougher recruiting due to state imposed limited course offerings ( a great number of athletes want a degree that lets them go back home and get a good job. Gt has limited options and is geared for Fortune 100 companies)
C. Gt has self imposed high academics in """every""" class and degree. There is no fall back option st gt

Lets go Angel and Batt

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
There’s such a wild lack of fun when this community makes posts about eachother instead tech football. I’ve done it once myself, very poor usage of time.

Hope we can all agree clicking on these pages and seeing football related posts is a better time

Yes I know it’s the internet so don’t start squealing that you can post whatever you want. Just saying you should know you are a pain to scroll through when you do that.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I think we paid less tham 11$mm, but let's look at some number $$

1. All ACC teams and All SEC teams receive equal $ shares of their respective tv deals.
From tv in 2020 Gt received 32$mm and UGA received 53$mm.
2. Schools athletics receieve donations from alumni and others. These are based on good will and financial capabilities of donors.
From donations in 2020 gt received 11$mm and uga received 63$mm.
Gt is near bottom of acc in donations.
3. Schools also receive revenue from tickets sales for events. Again these tickets are purchased by alumni and sidewalk fans.
From ticket sales gt received 11$mm and uga received 38$mm. Again gt is nesr bottom of acc schools in ticket sales
4 Putting these 3 together shows gt receives 32/11/11 = 55$mm and uga receivers 53/63/38= 156$m
5. As a percent of total gt donations are 20% and at uga donations are 40% of total.
CONCLUSION SO FAR GT HAS WAY LESS MONEY FOR THE COACHES COMPENSATION- this includes mobizilation expenses, salary, allowances, incentive bonuses, demobilization expenses, and severance packages.
I have said many times that the revenue difference between GT and other schools has much less to do with conference payouts than it has to do with financial support from fans.

People want to believe that joining the Big10, or one wealthy person donating $10 million will fix the financial issues. We need a lot of fans who donate, but tickets, and buy merchandise. Instead, we have fans who like to complain that the least expensive football ticket is $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.