General News about Key and his Staff

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no inside knowledge, but using the clues Russell gave (GA native, working for alma mater), it sounds like it is Buster's RB coach at Ark State, who is working for his alma mater (Vanderbilt) currently.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My "social" is confined to a bi-weekly bridge game with geriatrics, and my mom's maiden name is Brunhilda. Now whisper me your little secret.

Oh, I don't know who it is. I was just trying to steal your identity. Maybe get a couple timeshares or somethin'..

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
If indeed it is Norval McKenzie it looks like he was very successful when he was working as a special teams coach according to his bio on the Vanderbilt website. Plus he is familiar with recruiting to a high academic college as well. I always doubted that Choice would come back for a similar or even slightly bigger role to get him away from Texas. So this will be interesting perhaps we get a 2 for 1 in McKenzie’s experience coaching both RB and taking over special teams as well?
“Before joining the Louisville staff, McKenzie, a 2018 Broyles Award nominee, spent the previous three seasons as the running backs coach at Arkansas State. The Broyles Award is given to the best assistant coach in college football.”
“As the special teams coordinator, McKenzie’s units were some of the best in program history. The Red Wolves set an NCAA record for punt return defense by holding opponents to minus-15 yards for the season, and closed the year ranked sixth nationally in kick return defense.”
Link:https://vucommodores.com/coach/norval-mckenzie/

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
McKenzie per SI

Stech won't be happy.. another chrome dome

seduce mr clean GIF by ADWEEK