General News about Key and his Staff

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I'm happy with who we have and where I believe we're headed. If I'm having a great day that I want to get destroyed I just go to the swarm board and it will get destroyed automatically.
Hang in there, it'll be aight.

Puppy Eyes GIF

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I'm happy with who we have and where I believe we're headed. If I'm having a great day that I want to get destroyed I just go to the swarm board and it will get destroyed automatically.
You have to do really small doses. There are so many "experts" here who like to point out issues. Then you have the style people who will gladly take an extra loss or two per year only if we "look good" doing it.

Then you throw in all the binary people. People where they can only see things in black in white. They don't understand statistics and variability odds and small things that can make small improvements but throw in 5-10 of them and then it becomes significantly noticeable in the win/loss column.

Its like trying to have adult conversations with rioting packs of toddlers

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
World class anything is difficult. And if you've never seen it up close, then you will have a hard time understanding the price you have to pay to achieve that status.

IMO, HCBK has put together a coaching staff which has seen what championship caliber play looks like. They know what they're trying to achieve and what they are looking for in the boys.

If the last half of the season is any indication of things to come, I think we are about to witness the difference between style and substance. Year 1.5 is gonna surprise a few folks.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Year 1.5 is gonna surprise a few folks.
Since this was a big controversy under TFG with some people saying year 3 was really year 0 or 1, let's go ahead and hash this out. By year 1.5, do you mean the end of this coming season? Halfway through the following season? Halfway through the season after that once he's gotten a full year to recruit his guys? If another bad wave of Covid comes around, do we reset back to zero?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Since this was a big controversy under TFG with some people saying year 3 was really year 0 or 1, let's go ahead and hash this out. By year 1.5, do you mean the end of this coming season? Halfway through the following season? Halfway through the season after that once he's gotten a full year to recruit his guys? If another bad wave of Covid comes around, do we reset back to zero?
Don’t want to speak for @Randy Carson but my interpretation of the .5 is because of the final 8 games of last year. 2023 is year 1 for Key. There is no “year 0,” there is no transition period. Key will have been active head coach for 11 months when we open up against Louisville in September. The expectations for the accomplishments of the team this year should fall in line with any other coach’s first year at all school: which are generally slightly worse than their average over their tenure.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Don’t want to speak for @Randy Carson but my interpretation of the .5 is because of the final 8 games of last year. 2023 is year 1 for Key. There is no “year 0,” there is no transition period. Key will have been active head coach for 11 months when we open up against Louisville in September. The expectations for the accomplishments of the team this year should fall in line with any other coach’s first year at all school: which are generally slightly worse than their average over their tenure.
I stated in a different thread that the Jackets will go bowling this season. We were literally one win away this year at 5-7. I'm predicting 7-5 season record.
Waaaay too early, I know (y)(y)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The only reason it was a big controversy was because of the need by some to make yet another excuse for the back-to-back-to-back 3-win seasons.

Brent's going 8-4, and he's going to win the bowl game making him 13-8 overall, which will put him in third place behind Heisman and Dodd at .619. Nobody's going to quibble over what "year" he's in.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I still think he hires his buddy Brian Baker, for one of the two openings. He coached the DL at Indianapolis Colts, and has experience with coaching LBers. Currently with Charlotte 49ers.