General News about Key and his Staff

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Supposedly hired Geep Wade as our OL coach
Guy's bounced around:

Coaching Experience
2022:
Tulane (Offensive line) (? I thought he was supposed to be at Appy State?)
2021:
Georgia Southern (Offensive line)
2018: UT Martin (Offensive coordinator/Offensive line)
2016-17: East Carolina (Offensive line)
2013-15: Middle Tennessee (Offensive line)
2012: Marshall (Offensive line)
2010-11: Chattanooga (Offensive line/recruiting coordinator)
2009: UT Martin (Offensive coordinator/offensive line)
2006-08: UT Martin (Offensive line/Run game coordinator)
2005: Midwestern State (Offensive line)
2005: Western Carolina (Offensive line)
2004: Tennessee (Graduate assistant)
2003: Mars Hill (Offensive line/Recruiting coordinator)
2002: Chattanooga (Restricted earnings)

Playing Experience
1999-2001:
Chattanooga (OL)

Alma Mater: Chattanooga, 2002

Last edited:

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Interesting hire. I think this is a result perhaps of a direct referral from someone that Key knows? I can’t help but think that Key would be able to ask all types of small detailed related questions about scheme and coaching strategies related to this position and was pleased with how Geep answered those questions. It also appears that Geep is no stranger to starting at new places after studying his resume.
It does make me wonder though how Key is able to continue to hire offensive position coaches without having named the OC. I can’t help but think that the “silent hire” perhaps provided input with the hire. Surely Key isn’t going to fill out these positions and then force the OC into taking these coaches on board because that’s who he wants here according to “him knowing exactly what offensive scheme he wants to run.”

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm guessing he has some abilities that Key likes and he's young and can come to GT and learn from Key, help us, probably a good deal for all, the way it's supposed to be.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I'm guessing he has some abilities that Key likes and he's young and can come to GT and learn from Key, help us, probably a good deal for all, the way it's supposed to be.
That’s also my thoughts as well. Perhaps a solid foundation, eager to learn from one of the best, and we don’t have to spend a lot of money(favorable contract terms) to get him here and save more money for OC.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Interesting hire. I think this is a result perhaps of a direct referral from someone that Key knows? I can’t help but think that Key would be able to ask all types of small detailed related questions about scheme and coaching strategies related to this position and was pleased with how Geep answered those questions. It also appears that Geep is no stranger to starting at new places after studying his resume.
It does make me wonder though how Key is able to continue to hire offensive position coaches without having named the OC. I can’t help but think that the “silent hire” perhaps provided input with the hire. Surely Key isn’t going to fill out these positions and then force the OC into taking these coaches on board because that’s who he wants here according to “him knowing exactly what offensive scheme he wants to run.”

I think it suggests that the OC hire is currently coaching and it won't be announced till that season is done.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Guy's bounced around:

Coaching Experience
2022:
Tulane (Offensive line) (? I thought he was supposed to be at Appy State?)
2021:
Georgia Southern (Offensive line)
2018: UT Martin (Offensive coordinator/Offensive line)
2016-17: East Carolina (Offensive line)
2013-15: Middle Tennessee (Offensive line)
2012: Marshall (Offensive line)
2010-11: Chattanooga (Offensive line/recruiting coordinator)
2009: UT Martin (Offensive coordinator/offensive line)
2006-08: UT Martin (Offensive line/Run game coordinator)
2005: Midwestern State (Offensive line)
2005: Western Carolina (Offensive line)
2004: Tennessee (Graduate assistant)
2003: Mars Hill (Offensive line/Recruiting coordinator)
2002: Chattanooga (Restricted earnings)

Playing Experience
1999-2001:
Chattanooga (OL)

Alma Mater: Chattanooga, 2002

Quick, now cross reference all the OCs he's worked with. 🤔

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Ken Niumatalolo is now available.

"Niumatalolo is the winningest coach in [Navy] program history, going 109-83 in 15 seasons after succeeding Paul Johnson in 2008.

"He led the Midshipmen to three double-digit-win seasons (2009, 2015, 2019), beat Army 11 times, won six Commander-In-Chief's Trophies and led the program to a record six bowl victories."

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ken Niumatalolo is now available.

"Niumatalolo is the winningest coach in [Navy] program history, going 109-83 in 15 seasons after succeeding Paul Johnson in 2008.

"He led the Midshipmen to three double-digit-win seasons (2009, 2015, 2019), beat Army 11 times, won six Commander-In-Chief's Trophies and led the program to a record six bowl victories."
Hard pass.