Gator Bowl Ticket Status

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ajc is salivating over potential article reporting Tech is forced to return ticket allotment. I get that and don't like it. Still doesn't change my ticketing needs and decision. Other family matter likely prevents the trip anyway this year but some things in life are far more relevant than football or entertainment.

I support buying through Tech first if at all possible. Wouldn't have worked for me this year. I don't support pissin on those who need or desire other options.

Ajc is salivating over potential article reporting Tech is forced to return ticket allotment. I get that and don't like it. Still doesn't change my ticketing needs and decision. Other family matter likely prevents the trip anyway this year but some things in life are far more relevant than football or entertainment.

I support buying through Tech first if at all possible. Wouldn't have worked for me this year. I don't support pissin on those who need or desire other options.
Since Tech is making them available to service men and women and veterans, I doubt we return any. But let's hope the sales in the non-club sections pick up over the next 2 weeks.

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm sorry but I refuse to buy tickets from Tech when I won't know exactly where my seats are. That is crap. I know it is how bowl games work, but I do not like guessing games on seat locations. I bought through ticketmaster and I now know that my seats will be front row in my section. Also paid less.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I know a lot of folks did not like Dave Braine, but I wanted to share a story about the 1999/2000 Gator Bowl.

My family and I had ordered tickets through the school. At that time, we only had my salary, which wasn't huge, and our family budget was extremely tight. When I got the tickets, I saw that my myself, my wife, and my 2 small kids would have to sit in nosebleed seats. It was kind of understandable, but frustrating all at the same time. We were not fund donators or season ticket holders, so I understood getting not so great seats from that perspective, but when I looked online and saw how many of the better seats were still available, it was disheartening to a dad who wanted to give this experience to his young children.

I sent an email to the AD, and he worked with the Athletic office to get us tickets at the will-call when we got to Jaguars stadium that put us at the 30 yard line in the lower section. My children had a blast, even though we lost to Miami that day, and I was so appreciative of what he had done for us. He even checked up on us at some point to find out if our seats were acceptable, which he did not have to do. I was a very, very young alumni at the time, and I will never forget the great time we had, and of course, I have the photos of my children with Buzz that day.

Merry Christmas everyone. I won't be there this year, because my son is only home for 2 weeks from the military, and he is disabled now from a bad accident last year, so hopefully, in the near future I can go to another bowl game.

Deleted member 2897

I'm sorry but I refuse to buy tickets from Tech when I won't know exactly where my seats are. That is crap. I know it is how bowl games work, but I do not like guessing games on seat locations. I bought through ticketmaster and I now know that my seats will be front row in my section. Also paid less.

This.

I went to buy tickets there and saw it was blind. I was at first willing to pay a lot more than I needed to than if I had bought them off StubHub...but once I saw it was a blind purchase, I changed my mind. I'll buy them off StubHub. People should not confuse team loyalty with intelligence, common sense, and problem solving.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
This.

I went to buy tickets there and saw it was blind. I was at first willing to pay a lot more than I needed to than if I had bought them off StubHub...but once I saw it was a blind purchase, I changed my mind. I'll buy them off StubHub. People should not confuse team loyalty with intelligence, common sense, and problem solving.
I agree with this I was also willing to pay a little more to buy through GTAA. I was not willing to pay more and end up with horrible seats so I bought 7 tickets through vivid seats.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
I bought 4 on stubhub . No one at the ticket office could tell me where the tickets were going to be if I bought them thru GTAA... So I waited until we found out the player tic section and got 4 extra for 58.00 each. Maybe Kentucky fans are to stupid to use a computer?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
That is true, and it is unfortunate, but not everybody can afford to pay face-value for tickets, especially those with families, and resort to sites like stubhub.

You are right, but we, ad nauseum, read on our boards how much more money GT grads make. And then we have to read that we do not sell tickets to events like this due to money.

So what is the story?

(And fans at SEC schools also have kids in youth sports, taking music lessons, they travel other places, dancing lessons. All the same stuff our kids due. So I hope we do not whine azz the conversation)

Milwaukee

Banned
I know a lot of folks did not like Dave Braine, but I wanted to share a story about the 1999/2000 Gator Bowl.

My family and I had ordered tickets through the school. At that time, we only had my salary, which wasn't huge, and our family budget was extremely tight. When I got the tickets, I saw that my myself, my wife, and my 2 small kids would have to sit in nosebleed seats. It was kind of understandable, but frustrating all at the same time. We were not fund donators or season ticket holders, so I understood getting not so great seats from that perspective, but when I looked online and saw how many of the better seats were still available, it was disheartening to a dad who wanted to give this experience to his young children.

I sent an email to the AD, and he worked with the Athletic office to get us tickets at the will-call when we got to Jaguars stadium that put us at the 30 yard line in the lower section. My children had a blast, even though we lost to Miami that day, and I was so appreciative of what he had done for us. He even checked up on us at some point to find out if our seats were acceptable, which he did not have to do. I was a very, very young alumni at the time, and I will never forget the great time we had, and of course, I have the photos of my children with Buzz that day.

Merry Christmas everyone. I won't be there this year, because my son is only home for 2 weeks from the military, and he is disabled now from a bad accident last year, so hopefully, in the near future I can go to another bowl game.

That's an awesome story, thanks for sharing. Classy move by Braine.

Merry Christmas

LibertyTurns

Banned
You are right, but we, ad nauseum, read on our boards how much more money GT grads make. And then we have to read that we do not sell tickets to events like this due to money.

So what is the story?

(And fans at SEC schools also have kids in youth sports, taking music lessons, they travel other places, dancing lessons. All the same stuff our kids due. So I hope we do not whine azz the conversation)
We're Engineers and what we're being asked to do doesn't compute. I don't mind paying extra for tickets as long as I'm sitting in a good section. We're being asked to pay over market value for poor seats. At the Orange Bowl, I bagged club tickets on the 3oyd line for $40ea and drank good beer all game without having to stand in a long line. Can't remember what GT was charging but if I'm not mistaken I had a buddy that paid double that for some pretty crappy seats thru GTAA & he had to worry about getting them before he started his holiday travel.

On top of that GTAA seemingly does everything they can to piss you off. Latest example was Dublin. Paid for the "expensive seats" with the pre-game tailgate. Got there 10 mins after it supposedly started & it appeared they sold I'm guessing 300 tickets to that & had about 150 seats available so anyone that didn't arrive well before the gate opened was SOL.

Perhaps GTAA can focus a bit on customer service instead of aggravating the hell out of the fanbase for a change. After shafting the crap out of us for 4+ years at least give us a reach around for our money.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
We're Engineers and what we're being asked to do doesn't compute. I don't mind paying extra for tickets as long as I'm sitting in a good section. We're being asked to pay over market value for poor seats. At the Orange Bowl, I bagged club tickets on the 3oyd line for $40ea and drank good beer all game without having to stand in a long line. Can't remember what GT was charging but if I'm not mistaken I had a buddy that paid double that for some pretty crappy seats thru GTAA & he had to worry about getting them before he started his holiday travel.

On top of that GTAA seemingly does everything they can to piss you off. Latest example was Dublin. Paid for the "expensive seats" with the pre-game tailgate. Got there 10 mins after it supposedly started & it appeared they sold I'm guessing 300 tickets to that & had about 150 seats available so anyone that didn't arrive well before the gate opened was SOL.

Perhaps GTAA can focus a bit on customer service instead of aggravating the hell out of the fanbase for a change. After shafting the crap out of us for 4+ years at least give us a reach around for our money.
Write Todd an email

LibertyTurns

Banned
Write Todd an email
Thanks for the suggestion. Over the holidays I'll spend some time sending him some suggestions.

Forgot about another couple Orange Bowl absurdities. We volunteered to help the Alumni Association with the get together the day before at the Yard & the pre-game event. We show up at the Yard & there are a couple of people there setting up. We volunteered to help ahead of time but they really didn't need anything so we did what we do best which is drink beer. I'll consider this a positive outcome.

At pre-game we arrived at the appointed gate where we ran into a half dozen or more other volunteers. The stadium security wouldn't let us in because the gates hand not yet opened and we all lacked credentials. Finally someone up at the event after about 30 mins realizes none of the extra help's there & comes down and rescues us. They gave us our assignments & told us when the bar staff arrived to go get a few beers before the crowd arrives. Only problem was no one authorized any beer for the tailgate. You want to talk about some panicked staffers as they were speed dialing trying to get beer authorized for the tailgate. A couple of them actually asked us if the Alums would be pissed if they showed up & there was no beer. Told them I hoped this was a part time job for them & they had an updated resume to use for their next interview if they couldn't get the beer coolers opened up. Recommended no donation phone calls to anyone on the tailgate list for at least 6 months if they didn't get that situation unscrewed. I remember them looking at us while we were giving them advice like we were a bunch of aliens.

So what is the story?

Maybe it's because Tech fans are smart enough to find a good deal, whereas the SEC fans are apparently not too bright. LOL