GAMEDAY !!!!!!!!!

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Tonight the weather will be nearly perfect – a cool, crisp evening under the lights at Grant Field. Fall in Atlanta at its finest.*

Leave work early – or just call in sick – and head to campus (or get to your favorite viewing location) and get your mind rite.

Last Saturday is a distant memory. Next Saturday will take care of itself. Today, brothers and sisters it's gameday.

GO JACKETS!
STING 'EM

Let us all join together to support the student athletes as they play and appreciate the sacrifices they have made so they could be on the field for The Institute tonight.

* If those fine people at the Weather Channel got it right for a change.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
flying-yellow-jacket.jpg

Declinometer

Banned
Probably going to get slammed for this but hey.....why stop now.
While looking at pictures of the team loading up on the bus to head to the hotel last night, I saw something that could help team chemistry. How about banning all personal listening devices when the team is together. Would it not help to have these young men communicate with each other instead of zoning out each other. Of course there could be time for individual reflection when they could listen to their devices (Yellow Jacket Ally) but it could be somewhat limited.
We all have witnessed a family in a restaurant where they all have their attention on their phones and not each other and I think we all will agree that this is probably not the best thing for healthy family unity. Then again, maybe I'm just misguided and old.:p

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
While looking at pictures of the team loading up on the bus to head to the hotel last night, I saw something that could help team chemistry. How about banning all personal listening devices when the team is together. Would it not help to have these young men communicate with each other instead of zoning out each other. Of course there could be time for individual reflection when they could listen to their devices (Yellow Jacket Ally) but it could be somewhat limited.
We all have witnessed a family in a restaurant where they all have their attention on their phones and not each other and I think we all will agree that this is probably not the best thing for healthy family unity. Then again, maybe I'm just misguided and old.:p

Welcome to 2015...this is an attribute of society right now, and I don't see this changing any time soon

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I saw on the news this morning that the Pope told families not to use cellphones at meals. That should be family time. I haven't agreed with some of this Pope's actions, like hooking us up with Cuba and pushing for global equality of wealth and climate change, but I do agree with no cell phone at meals.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I have a meeting that lasts till 5:30 tonight so I'll be rushing to get there but at least I took tomorrow off of work.

Lets go Jackets!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Welcome to 2015...this is an attribute of society right now, and I don't see this changing any time soon

Actually they to communicate with one another on the field, locker room, team meals (etc.), twitter, face book and other social apps. Let me say that I do know where you're coming from and can't see why someone would slam ya for the above posts.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Actually they to communicate with one another on the field, locker room, team meals (etc.), twitter, face book and other social apps. Let me say that I do know where you're coming from and can't see why someone would slam ya for the above posts.

I'm not necessarily saying our team has a communication problem...I just don't like what technology has done to society in this regard. Topic for a different day...