GAMEDAY !!!!!!!!!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
12241360_440893936110804_4239928826349984622_n.jpg

Now is the time for Our Team and the entire Yellow Jacket Family to come together and finish 2015 strong. #BeatVT #TogetherWeSwarm

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I planned my entire week around leaving early today, if I ever lose the thrill of GT game day I'll now its time to hang it up ! ... damn, I forgot to hang the house flag before I left this morning !!

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
How about banning all personal listening devices when the team is together.
I'm pretty ancient (so my kids say) but I'm beginning to understand the transformation to digital communication that my kids demonstrate.

Its not my 'eye to eye' style but, in its own way, it has some merits. While it might seem that they are all on an island, they really aren't. I bet there was a flurry of texting (one :: one and group texts) going on. Chemistry/comradery/etc. are no longer functions of physical proximity. I'm old school and don't really understand how that works but after studying my kids (14 and 15), I can see it in action.

I'm beginning to understand that just because kids aren't standing next to each other doesn't mean they are socially isolated - quite the opposite - they are hyper-connected - but the 'tethers' aren't physical proximity - they are digital connections. I can definitely see some advantages to this over when I was their age and you could only connect to someone if they were in the same room or by calling them from the phone in the den. And even then, you could really only connect with one person at a time for the most part.

So, I've learned to ease up on the earbuds and incessant texting and not read something into it that isn't there.

But, I ain't budging on no damn phones during dinner.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Today is GAMEDAY gentleman!!!.........an opportunity to raise hell for 60 minutes .....have no regrets today............ forge a lifetime of memories today............. you may never get another chance!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn I wish I could still play......

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully VT gets the hiccups?

How is VT's D entering the game healthy?
“This week, when we practice, it’s live,” Foster said. “Our scout team has done a great job. We chop up front. We chop on the perimeter. We hit the fullback. We’re hitting the quarterback. You have to practice against this offense full speed.”

Can't believe their knees survived the last week ;)

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Probably going to get slammed for this but hey.....why stop now.
While looking at pictures of the team loading up on the bus to head to the hotel last night, I saw something that could help team chemistry. How about banning all personal listening devices when the team is together. Would it not help to have these young men communicate with each other instead of zoning out each other. Of course there could be time for individual reflection when they could listen to their devices (Yellow Jacket Ally) but it could be somewhat limited.
We all have witnessed a family in a restaurant where they all have their attention on their phones and not each other and I think we all will agree that this is probably not the best thing for healthy family unity. Then again, maybe I'm just misguided and old.:p
This years team does not have last year's chemistry. Did last years team board the buses most of whom had listening devices in their ears. Frankly from the time they board a bus to go to hotel at home or away, the whole team needs to be getting their game face on. Going over assignments, reviewing scouting reports, understding signals and formations. If they relax should do it as a team with a good movie or program that inpires them to give all they have and then some more. Focus on their roles as a member of a TEAM.

Go Jackets!! Put the turkey's neck on the chop block. Then chop it off!!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I have a meeting that lasts till 5:30 tonight so I'll be rushing to get there but at least I took tomorrow off of work.

Lets go Jackets!

The bad news for me is that I have to work until at least 4pm before I can leave the office and head to the tailgate.

The good news is that I work on campus, a five-minute walk away from our tailgating location.:D

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Last years team, and several before that, have had their earplugs solidly in place at YJA. They also have them in their ears when they arrive at the motel on the road and when they leave the motel on the road and at home. This dates back to the GOL days as best I remember.