Gameday!!!!!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Agree. Apologies. 2 classes of fans was not my intention. Just who sticks with the team thru thick and thin
In my experience? Non-alumni are better at the “Through Thick and Thin” bit than alumni…but I don’t keep score in that respect. I trust that you are a TTaT fan, just as much as I trust that all my (non-alum) tailgate buddies—and my comerades here on GTSwarm—are all TTaT fans.

Honestly, and with appreciation—I dont think you meant disrespect to our non-alum fans, but it’s really important to recognize them as 100% partners in the woes of GT fandom. If anything, they deserve more respect because they support the team fully, without any Helsinki Syndrome excuse.

:)

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
In my experience? Non-alumni are better at the “Through Thick and Thin” bit than alumni…but I don’t keep score in that respect. I trust that you are a TTaT fan, just as much as I trust that all my (non-alum) tailgate buddies—and my comerades here on GTSwarm—are all TTaT fans.

Honestly, and with appreciation—I dont think you meant disrespect to our non-alum fans, but it’s really important to recognize them as 100% partners in the woes of GT fandom. If anything, they deserve more respect because they support the team fully, without any Helsinki Syndrome excuse.

:)
Totally agree. Take care. Talk to you next week after we whip duke. Btw I havnt lived in Georgia for nearly 40 years so I might miss some nuances

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Funny story. I am a Mid-West transplant who moved to NE Georgia with my family, as a teenager. Everything at my high school was “how ‘bout them dawgs” every Monday, all throughout fall. I grew to hate the dawgs, quite quickly. When I discovered that (a) I was a science nerd, and (b) there was an Institute in Georgia tha was custom-built for science nerd who hated (u)GA, I was all in.

Turns out my Grandpa (who I never met; he died over a decade before I was born)—an uneducated coal miners—was a big GT fan, I guess back in the Heisman era. In the stories my Mom and Grandma told me (after i chose to go to Tech) he loved to come home rip-roaring drunk in the evening, after a hard day’s work, singing the “Ramblin Wreck” song.
It used to be that you could drive through little towns throughout the south and find car mechanics, carpenters and other blue collar workers who were Tech fans. There was a natural affinity for a school that produced graduates who actually knew how to make things work.