Gameday!!!!!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I’m fully prepared to see ups and downs on turnovers this season, but the defense needs to perform better than they’ve shown.

I saw a post that we are down a few OL this game and we have people playing guard for the first time this year. Who is playing OL today?
#60, #64, and #79 played guard along with #70.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Our history with our OC is we move the ball off and on, but since he arrived we have a terrible record in the red zone, and most especially with first and goal (failed 3 more times today).
Sadly, I agree. First down inside the ten should be guaranteed points—but not for us apparently.

it would be interesting (in a disappointing way, I’m sure) to see the statistics about expected points in that situation, versus our success rate.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Dude, GTpdm is absolutely right. And, even if he was wrong (which he isn't), you shouldn't complain about it. Accept those who became Tech fans in different ways.

Out of curiosity, what makes him wrong?
(Says the font whose moniker is ”green&gold”…not Tech colors; shame on you ;);))

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Dude, GTpdm is absolutely right. And, even if he was wrong (which he isn't), you shouldn't complain about it. Accept those who became Tech fans in different ways.

Out of curiosity, what makes him wrong?
Not sure what I said was complaining. Point being if you didn’t go to school there, why would you get wound up about showing up for games when the team is not so good. isn’t lack of fans the issue here? I started there in 1970 and not sure why I would give a hoot about the team with out all of that invested time and school pride? Please explain your perspective. I’ll listen.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I’m a sidewalk fan and have financially supported the program my whole adult life. Though, I keep being told to find a new team but the Courteous Collins Cheerleaders, so maybe I should.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
Again consider the difference between alumni fans and fans. All fans are welcome but they can cheer for who ever they find interesting

Not sure what I said was complaining. Point being if you didn’t go to school there, why would you get wound up about showing up for games when the team is not so good. isn’t lack of fans the issue here? I started there in 1970 and not sure why I would give a hoot about the team with out all of that invested time and school pride? Please explain your perspective. I’ll listen.

Why are you getting mad, bro? Cool, 1970 bluh blah bloo blop. I get "wound up" because I have been a Tech fan my entire life. Yeah, they aren't good right now, but I still will cheer my *** off for them because I am a Jacket no matter what. Seems like you may have some whiskey going on behind your typing. Settle down, my friend. Have a glass of water.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Why are you getting mad, bro? Cool, 1970 bluh blah bloo blop. I get "wound up" because I have been a Tech fan my entire life. Yeah, they aren't good right now, but I still will cheer my *** off for them because I am a Jacket no matter what. Seems like you may have some whiskey going on behind your typing. Settle down, my friend. Have a glass of water.
Ok bro, ill throw in the towel here. Not sure what our disagreement is here. I’m a long time jacket fan too

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Dammit. I didn’t mean to start a fight. Today was supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who who is a “better” fan.

(It’s a “Monty Python and the Holy Grail“ reference, in case you disn’t get it. Laugh, and relax. Despite the loss, Life Is Good.)

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
SURE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE IT, ****
Dammit. I didn’t mean to start a fight. Today was supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who who is a “better” fan.

(It’s a “Monty Python and the Holy Grail“ reference, in case you disn’t get it. Laugh, and relax. Despite the loss, Life Is Good

(It’s a “Monty Python and the Holy Grail“ reference, in case you disn’t get it. Laugh, and relax. Despite the loss, Life Is Good.)
Agree. Apologies. 2 classes of fans was not my intention. Just who sticks with the team thru thick and thin

JacketintheNati

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok bro, ill throw in the towel here. Not sure what our disagreement is here. I’m a long time jacket fan too
I think you make it sound like you are a real fan and us sidewalk fans are not and need to recognize and know our place, but of course you will listen and be persuaded otherwise. You have proven the condescending point in my message. That is fine I am not a fan for you. My connection with GT is not for you to judge, but your position is very arrogant and is why GT will struggle to get community support it always talks about especially when there are a lot of empty seats. But who am I just a fan with an option to choose Tech you are the one committed.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I think you make it sound like you are a real fan and us sidewalk fans are not and need to recognize and know our place, but of course you will listen and be persuaded otherwise. You have proven the condescending point in my message. That is fine I am not a fan for you. My connection with GT is not for you to judge, but your position is very arrogant and is why GT will struggle to get community support it always talks about especially when there are a lot of empty seats. But who am I just a fan with an option to choose Tech you are the one committed.
Apologies that’s not at all what I intended.