Gameday!!!!!

☠CaptainBuzz☠

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm in a conundrum here...I feel cofident for some unknown reason that GT is winning again today. Which makes me worry that they won't because, as a lifelong Tech fan. I have learned to mistrust my own judgement on these matters. I think this statement may only make sense to a handful of other Tech fans.

What is really eating me is that my youngest son can't remember which GT shirt he wore last Saturday for our game watching party vs. UNC. I am worried sick that he puts on the wrong shirt today and mess up the mojo we created in our living room last Saturday. You will know by early this afternoon if he remembered correctly or not. This game is up to him and that is NOT something the general betting public knows.

Attachments

• A50007E6-1954-4029-A688-1A1A240F531F.png
    A50007E6-1954-4029-A688-1A1A240F531F.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 10

dcall

Georgia Tech Fan
Say it was 45-28 or whatever now. Would that be significantly better in your mind? For me it is not but UI understand others may feel differently.
No but it's not about 7 points. The calls in the red zone are just our issues magnified which is play calling. Someone else said it on here that Coach P makes one good call and ruins it with three bad ones. Defense has allowed that many points because of coaching as well as physicality up front. There doesn't seem to be any adjustments on D, maybe I'm missing it I really don't know.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
One of these threads I mentioned how I excited I was to have a defense again. I take that all back. I may actually leave early to go drink which I don’t usually do.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Welp, all the "fans" who've been quiet the past few weeks will be back to run their mouths.
Why shouldn’t they. (Us). Going on 3 years of this. I loved that we beat UNC, but there’s absolutely no consistency. You can’t say that it’s PJ’s players, or a lack of experience anymore. Geoff Collins is a clown just like the guy that went from FSU to NC State years ago.

BuzzBy

Georgia Tech Fan
In summary,
Two bad interceptions to start the game set the mood for the day
NO pass rush, Pitt has all day to throw the ball
Lackluster offensive play calling (no third down conversion thus far)
Penalties have hurt (two TDs called back)

It's been stated numerous times. We need to get to that nirvana known as CONSISTENCY. The question is can we get there this year.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
In summary,
Two bad interceptions to start the game set the mood for the day
NO pass rush, Pitt has all day to throw the ball
Lackluster offensive play calling
Penalties have hurt (two TDs called back)

It's been stated numerous times. We need to get to that nirvana known as CONSISTENCY. The question is can we get there this year.

I sure feel like honestly the reffing is favoring Pitt. The holding of their O-line is way above what is normally allowed. The Refs are just sitting on their flags until we score a big run, then they look for something to call. I know I'm biased, but this goes way beyond just bias.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I sure feel like honestly the reffing is favoring Pitt. The holding of their O-line is way above what is normally allowed. The Refs are just sitting on their flags until we score a big run, then they look for something to call. I know I'm biased, but this goes way beyond just bias.
The refs were 100% biased. Just like last year. I don't know what is about Pitt, but I swear they get the calls, and no calls, all the time and it is infuriating.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Why shouldn’t they. (Us). Going on 3 years of this. I loved that we beat UNC, but there’s absolutely no consistency. You can’t say that it’s PJ’s players, or a lack of experience anymore. Geoff Collins is a clown just like the guy that went from FSU to NC State years ago.
That would be Chuck Amato better known as "Chuckles the Clown" by Wolfpack followers. In 2002, he had Phillip Rivers at quarterback, Jerricho Cotchery at wide receiver, TA McClendon at running back and two of the best defensive backs in school history. That team started out winning 8 straight games with a chance to do something no Wolfpack team had ever done, start the season winning 9. All they had to do was win at home against a pretty pedestrian Georgia Tech team in Chan's first year. Tech won and State was never the same for the rest of Chuck's time there.