GAMEDAY !!!!!!!!!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Crowd sucked today btw. Can't be bothered to make noise for the D on 3rd down unless we are ahead. Even then half assed.

At least those showed up, that's something. Student section...out of town already I guess...north stands....maybe 50% empty...east stands....maybe 70% full.

But the energy was awful almost all game, 10% of Tech fans deserve a good program. 90% deserve Rice level of success.

Well, we were making noise in Virginia. I hate to say it, but the players have to play for themselves because fans are either apathetic or fickle by nature. (This includes me at times.) I think it extends to all schools to some extent, at least we are a lot better than Fluke (aka Morgue Stadium).

I was especially disappointed in the expensive gold seats that looked 25% full. Those people should have given their tickets away to get butts in the seats. That is what @Goldisbest did with his/her basketball tickets. Kudos.

The lack of deserving a good team is worse in baseball. Our best men's varsity sport is baseball; so few people show up that the team has to play for themselves. But that is the way it is at 90% of the baseball schools (UVa, Miami and a few other exceptions).

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
@JacketFromUGA
That was my kiddo ^5ing....:)
20161120_083834.png

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you not at the game today, they showed a video or live link of our current Tech grad on the space station. He closed it off by doing a zero-gravity flip. It was pretty damn cool. After all, how many schools in the country that field football teams have a history of NASA astronauts, including one who walked on the moon.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well, we were making noise in Virginia. I hate to say it, but the players have to play for themselves because fans are either apathetic or fickle by nature. (This includes me at times.) I think it extends to all schools to some extent, at least we are a lot better than Fluke (aka Morgue Stadium).

I was especially disappointed in the expensive gold seats that looked 25% full. Those people should have given their tickets away to get butts in the seats. That is what @Goldisbest did with his/her basketball tickets. Kudos.

The lack of deserving a good team is worse in baseball. Our best men's varsity sport is baseball; so few people show up that the team has to play for themselves. But that is the way it is at 90% of the baseball schools (UVa, Miami and a few other exceptions).

Comparing us to Duke says something. Football is an emotional sport. Fans can and do make a difference in pumping up a team. Yes they have to play for themselves, but teams also feed off the crowd. Fans can also directly impact a game making it difficult for opposing O to hear snap count or audibles.

Just look to Clemson or VPI for examples. We can't match Clemson crowd numbers but we can be on par with VPI. BDS can be loud as hell, I've witnessed it first hand. But the want to has died.

Something else a jacked up crowd influences. Recruiting. We want to recruit with the big boys but we cheer for our guys like we are scared to be ridiculed for doing so or something. Either that or just too damn lazy. It boggles my mind. If 3/4 of the crowd yelled like my group at the top of sec 101 does....we would be a deafening crowd.

The majority of our football crowd would actually be much more at home at a baseball game, where fans typically sit quietly until a big play and then clap with a random "yeah" thrown in. Or maybe at the Masters.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Comparing us to Duke says something. Football is an emotional sport. Fans can and do make a difference in pumping up a team. Yes they have to play for themselves, but teams also feed off the crowd. Fans can also directly impact a game making it difficult for opposing O to hear snap count or audibles.

Just look to Clemson or VPI for examples. We can't match Clemson crowd numbers but we can be on par with VPI. BDS can be loud as hell, I've witnessed it first hand. But the want to has died.

Something else a jacked up crowd influences. Recruiting. We want to recruit with the big boys but we cheer for our guys like we are scared to be ridiculed for doing so or something. Either that or just too damn lazy. It boggles my mind. If 3/4 of the crowd yelled like my group at the top of sec 101 does....we would be a deafening crowd.

The majority of our football crowd would actually be much more at home at a baseball game, where fans typically sit quietly until a big play and then clap with a random "yeah" thrown in. Or maybe at the Masters.
Very sad, but very true Whiskey

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the fan base has 3rd down fatigue. People do not realize how much our players feed on our atmosphere.