Gameday !!

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Ah, announcer-shade. That's the kind I like. Apology to you @Dottie1145

I especially loved Al saying all the defense had to do was watch which way our aback goes since that's the key to our whole offense.
So glad he's not our DC. Lol maybe that's why Lyn burned that D on the first counter.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ah, announcer-shade. That's the kind I like. Apology to you @Dottie1145

I especially loved Al saying all the defense had to do was watch which way our aback goes since that's the key to our whole offense.
So glad he's not our DC. Lol maybe that's why Lyn burned that D on the first counter.
Did you hear when he said if he was the D coordinator for mercer he would have already made the adjustments to stop the outside run by us. I think it was when the second half first started. imo at times it was like he was trying to brake down film instead of actually being an announcer.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Did you hear when he said if he was the D coordinator for mercer he would have already made the adjustments to stop the outside run by us. I think it was when the second half first started. imo at times it was like he was trying to apply for a job instead of actually being an announcer.

FIFY

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Did you hear when he said if he was the D coordinator for mercer he would have already made the adjustments to stop the outside run by us. I think it was when the second half first started. imo at times it was like he was trying to brake down film instead of actually being an announcer.

I've heard Al Groh in other broadcasts. That's what he does...tries to counter the offense and defense from his perspective.

Not that it's something you want to take to heart...because Middle Tennessee...ahem...

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of you just have Grudge glasses on. I personally like Groh breaking things down and giving a non X and O's person the ability to see a layer deeper than they normally do. That's what most people want from the color commentator rather than the normal color we get.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of you just have Grudge glasses on. I personally like Groh breaking things down and giving a non X and O's person the ability to see a layer deeper than they normally do. That's what most people want from the color commentator rather than the normal color we get.
I certainly don't have those glasses on, because I watched GT back then but didn't keep up with who was the coaches or recruiting, I was a casual fan. My dad didn't even know who was announcing, and he was talking about how he didn't like it. I don't mind braking down what happened but not every couple plays.