• @ NC State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @ Syracuse or @ Boston College

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m pretty surprised by the poll results. I get that FSU is next week and everyone is amped up ... but if you have the chance to pick 1 game ... we aren’t picking to upset #1 Clemson with Trevor Lawrence at home?

I’m sure that game will be in prime time on national TV too. That’s a program changing victory to showcase that Collins and the staff mean business. Same goes for ND but they won’t be as highly ranked as Clemson. I just want a big win at home again (even in front of a small crowd).

Beating the FL schools on the road would be nice, as I can’t stand their fans, but the excitement/national attention won’t be the same.

To me:
1A Clemson
1B Notre Dame

3a Miami
3B FSU

5 duke

everyone else

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’m pretty surprised by the poll results. I get that FSU is next week and everyone is amped up ... but if you have the chance to pick 1 game ... we aren’t picking to upset #1 Clemson with Trevor Lawrence at home?

I’m sure that game will be in prime time on national TV too. That’s a program changing victory to showcase that Collins and the staff mean business. Same goes for ND but they won’t be as highly ranked as Clemson. I just want a big win at home again (even in front of a small crowd).

Beating the FL schools on the road would be nice, as I can’t stand their fans, but the excitement/national attention won’t be the same.

To me:
1A Clemson
1B Notre Dame

3a Miami
3B FSU

5 duke

everyone else
I think if the question was, “If Tech could only win 1 game this year, which one would you want to win?” Then yeah, Clemson is the obvious choice there. But I think most people are rationalizing the week 1 FSU win as a way to build momentum early in a season with a team that’s still in a transition. Plus, it’ll be on national television with a prime slot, and without the SEC or B1G playing, it will be one of the biggest week 1 games.

I think if Tech is going to have any shot at a decent year, they need to win at least 1 of the first 2 games. Going at least 1-1 in the first 2 gives us a really good chance to be .500 or better when Clemson comes to town. And with both of those first 2 games being on national TV against pretty reputable opponents, a win in either will significantly help national perception.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck

To me:
1A Clemson
1B Notre Dame

3a Miami
3B FSU

5 duke

everyone else
Sad part If we beat Clemson then people will just preach that it was Luck or a Fluke. I mean the only way that doesn't happen is if we outright shut them down which I'm a gambling man, but I ain't stupid

Sad part If we beat Clemson then people will just preach that it was Luck or a Fluke. I mean the only way that doesn't happen is if we outright shut them down which I'm a gambling man, but I ain't stupid

Me thinks beating Climp son will take much more that a fluke unless most of their players are out for our game.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Fans are being fans, I suppose, but there is an unrealistic view of the state of our program among a huge portion of responses. That's always true this time of year. Sure, I'd like to beat Clemson, but I'd also like to win Mega Millions without buying a ticket.

If we lose to Clemson or ND, I won't be disappointed. We're not there yet. If we lose to Duke for the 6th time in 7 years, I'll question the state of this program, even if it is only the second year of the new regime. That's why I picked Duke. It's a measure of progress of the program.