• @ NC State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @ Syracuse or @ Boston College

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks to me that beating Notre Dame vs the "Johnny Come Lately" F$U and ThugU is a generational thing. I see those two as recent additions to both our schedule and national prominence when you're considering Tech history before 1985. I don't consider either to be traditional rivals at all, but ND is. Tradition goes back a lot longer than their relevance.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
In order of preference
1. Notre Dame- I hate them and their easy *** path to a 10 win season every year. Maybe we can derail them. It would be amazing to shock the Irish.
2. Clemson- I don’t hate them but we haven’t gotten a win over them in years, much less been competitive with them. It would be a sweet victory and long overdue.
3. Miami- BECAUSE EFF THEM, THATS WHY!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My hate for Notre Dame was reduced considerably by my visit to South Bend a few years ago. Their fans were so welcoming and polite that I find it hard to hate them.

Miami fans are poor sports.

Clemson is my second favorite ACC team, so while I would enjoy beating them, I don't feel any burning hatred for them. Their fans are also cool.

I am not sure I have any "must-win" games this year with UGa off the schedule, but Miami probably is the closest...

But the game most important to me is FSU. A win there would garner nation attention. A loss would put us into the "yeah, they were expected to be last in the league, and they are" bucket.t

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I wamt to beat Duke and Notre Dame more than anyone.

Duke - because they are the freaking monkey on our back. I would like to beat them to get it off our back.

Notre Dame - I just hate how much the committee circle jerks to Notre Dame and makes them out to be better than they are every year just because they are ND, they always get the benefit of the doubt. I would like to put them in their place especially since ND thinks they are hot **** and don't want to officially join the ACC, yet we bailed them out this year.

GTFLETCH

Banned
This Year!!! DUKE (they have owned us lately... the last time they owned us was like in the 1930-40s)
Normal Seasons:
1. Georgia (COFH)
2. Clemson
3. VT

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We were picked last.
We're on national TV week 1.
Therefore week 1 opponent is the team I most want to beat.
This is independent of the cliches of "next game is most important".
Winning would mean a lot for perception and reality (projecting results forward).

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
This Year!!! DUKE (they have owned us lately... the last time they owned us was like in the 1930-40s)
Normal Seasons:
1. Georgia (COFH)
2. Clemson
3. VT
We don't play Georgia or VT this year. Unless we play VT in the ACCCG, or Georgia in a bowl game.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
My hate for Notre Dame was reduced considerably by my visit to South Bend a few years ago. Their fans were so welcoming and polite that I find it hard to hate them.

Miami fans are poor sports.

Clemson is my second favorite ACC team, so while I would enjoy beating them, I don't feel any burning hatred for them. Their fans are also cool.

I am not sure I have any "must-win" games this year with UGa off the schedule, but Miami probably is the closest...

But the game most important to me is FSU. A win there would garner nation attention. A loss would put us into the "yeah, they were expected to be last in the league, and they are" bucket.t
Agree they are super friendly there.