Game Thread - @ UGA, 11/20/2019

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Georgia is worse than a soccer team diving on "fouls" and Edwards traveled more times than I can count. We lost this game at the foul line though. The percentage is even worse considering the front end of 1 and 1's we missed. Devoe is legit though

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Have you ever watch college basketball? Do you have any idea how it works?
Do you have any idea that every game this season is meaningless in regards to March? The only reason to hope for a good year is for recruiting. When you get destroyed by your biggest in-state rival year in year on the court it’s disheartening. When you’re getting destroyed year in year out in recruiting by that same in-state rival, it’s embarrassing. GT plays in the biggest basketball market in the southeast, in the best basketball conference in the country, and is getting destroyed by a team with essentially no basketball history other than one player in the 80s. This game matters, and it matters a lot. To throw it away every year is embarrassing.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
If we are really going to take the chance with the appeal this was close to must win as it gets. We are soft and not smart on o. The “old” team made the mistakes that cost us the game

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Any game where Devoe scores 34 and Moses scores 18 should be one that we come away with a W. I think it's obvious that Jose wasn't ready to come back tonight, but Banks has got to be a guy scoring double digits every game. Looked weak against Elon last week as well. I know you're not going to make every single free throw in a game where you shoot 23 of them, but when you miss over half when you get that many attempts, you're probably losing.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Do you have any idea that every game this season is meaningless in regards to March? The only reason to hope for a good year is for recruiting. When you get destroyed by your biggest in-state rival year in year on the court it’s disheartening. When you’re getting destroyed year in year out in recruiting by that same in-state rival, it’s embarrassing. GT plays in the biggest basketball market in the southeast, in the best basketball conference in the country, and is getting destroyed by a team with essentially no basketball history other than one player in the 80s. This game matters, and it matters a lot. To throw it away every year is embarrassing.

We appealed. You must have missed that.

legalbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
You do know that we appealed the probation so we are likely eligible for the tournament this year.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
It isn't one of the 20 biggest games of the year. No November basketball games are in the conversation of the biggest games. That is silly.

Are you ****ing kidding me? It's uga. It doesn't matter if we are playing them in tiddlywinks it matters as much or more than any other game we play. This kind of loser mentality by some in our fanbase is pathetic. It's no wonder we can't beat them with that kind of attitude. We've lost 5 in a row to those *******s in a sport we should never lose 5 in a row to them in and you brush it off as not a big game? Unbelievable!!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
This should have been a win. ugag was not impressive, but Devoe was the only yellow jacket that came ready to play.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
You are killing smalls

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191120-213240_Georgia Tech.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-213240_Georgia Tech.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 49

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
You do know that we appealed the probation so we are likely eligible for the tournament this year.
I actually did miss that. So I apologize and retract my statement about there being no other meaningful games this season. But even if Tech does win the appeal, this is going to be a game that will likely shape the final bubble. UGA is a middle of the road SEC team. Much worse than most of the ACC. Arkansas is another thats about the same. Then you get Kentucky. Which means Tech could go 1-2, if not 0-3 against the SEC. That means you need to go .500 in conference play, which judging from recent history doesn’t seem too likely, and probably win at least 1 in the ACCT. A basketball team from Atlanta not going to the NCAAT in 10 years is ridiculous. UGA has been twice since then, GA St. has been 3 times, Mercer has even been once. GT basketball is in an atrocious place right now, and fixing it starts with beating UGA on the court and in recruiting.