Game Thread - Syracuse, 12/7

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
Isn’t it ironic that Tech played this poorly on December 7th - a day that will live in infamy for GT basketball

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
You guys are either half cocked or half drunk, maybe both! [emoji4]

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GT_EE78

Banned
devastating loss of historic proportions. Some days it just sux to be a GT fan.
my hopes for dancing this year are certainly sinking but not quite totally crushed.
We didnt lose to dawgs by worst margin ever and haven't seen the team at full strength yet.
likely we need to win that Hawaii tourney (wash/Houston) to get OOC wins versus bubble teams so who knows...
CJP has work to do after this poor effort, so I'm still trying to bite my tongue til after the season(4th year)

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
There are no excuses for the showing today. It’s not exams, it’s not injuries. Teams have exams. Teams have injuries. They don’t look like Tech did today.

I’ve always been hopeful that Pastner would eventually succeed. I even thought we had a chance to make the NCAA tournament this year.

I now have severe doubts. The team was shockingly unprepared. Losing Alvarado has hurt but why hasn’t he recruited sufficient depth.
o hope the team is not as discouraged as I am. It could be a long season ending with Pastners firing. I see little hope.

Get old and stay old has gotten old. Sigh.
This pretty much says it all! Even if Alvarado returns soon , he still has to get into playing shape. The team didn't give the fans any chance to really get into the game, after the first 8-10 minutes you knew they couldn't come back! Pastner has to accept blame!!!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with others that the team showed horrible "want to" today. They all looked like scared little bitches. I know 'ol Roy isn't popular with the GT faithful, but I like the guy, and if his team had played like Pastner's team did today I guarantee he would have subbed all 5 starters for 5 walk-ons and let the walk-ons play for a solid 5 minutes to send a message that lousy effort and lousy play isn't going to be tolerated.

Another thing. One of Pastner's weaknesses really showed today. He seems to have no understanding that basketball is a game of momentum, and that he has to intervene strategically sometimes to control the momentum of the game. Call a freaking time out. It seems like every game we lose can be traced to a 4 minute stretch where we go down by 10-15 points. Pastner let's it happen every time. You cannot let cuse and #33 start the game the way that did without calling a timeout to try to cool them off and to get in your team's face and wake them up.
Yep.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I don’t see Pastner here after his 5th year. I would concede the post season play in our petition and see if they will lift the reduction on scholarships for the longer term health of the program.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t see Pastner here after his 5th year. I would concede the post season play in our petition and see if they will lift the reduction on scholarships for the longer term health of the program.
Can the mods just create two copy and paste threads, one for wins and one for losses? Or maybe automated replies regarding why coaches will or won’t be here after “x” years?

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I agree with whoever said something is wrong in the locker room, I know it's exam week, but it seems to me this goes beyond that.
And can you imagine a recruit watching this and saying, yes that's for me sign me up ...