Game Thread - @ Pitt, 2/8/2020

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
He'd likely say that despite the challenges (TOs, etc.), the team is playing hard for Coach Pastner and improving in many ways, even if it's not the W/L record. He'd follow that up with a statement that we have a lot of production coming back next year with some good recruits and we need to see get old/stay old play out.

That's what I think he'd say.

Then he'd get back to work improving the football infrastructure and wrapping up the AI 2020 fundraising, while giving himself a year to put a plan in motion to potentially (likely) replace Pastner after next season.

You forgot on all of the stutters, pauses and “ummms” mixed into his statement. But pretty close

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Too careless with the ball and never adjusted to Champaigne being put in the middle of the zone. Very confused why Banks stayed so low because we've run the zone in the past with him, or Wright/Cole if their down their, stepping up to try and contest the middle. Seemed odd that we never did that. Overall the zone probably helped because despite him going off their guards had below average days. Game was on pace for being in the mid 60s before the foul parade at the end which is fine for how we want games to go. Offensively, we shot decently and moved the ball okay, 18 assists, but was too careless with the ball needless to say. Devoe had both a Jekyll and Hyde day with 22 points on 7/10 shooting and 7 assists, but 8 turnovers were killer. Bubba continues to not give us the outside threat that he was advertised to have and Jose, understandably, looked drained.

And I love Banks for his D and he rebounded well today but he really cost us at the end. Twice when down by 3 he went to the FT line and missed the front end of a 1-1 and then missed both on the second. He then later let an easy pass go through his hands for what would have been an uncontested dunk. Overall there were big picture things that we did wrong that lost the game but his play down the stretch really hurt.
Banks play is what keyed our run. Without him we got destroyed on the glass and were giving up easy low in paint. Despite that, Pastner subs him out with 4 min left. He never got back into a rhythm and Pitt picked up some huge offensive boards to put the game away.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Went to the game today. I’m from PA. Guys were great to me and my son. Took the time to talk with us. Julian Swartz was awesome. Talked with us for like 10 minutes. The Zoo was electric, especially after the technical on Capel. Too many missed free throws and unforced turnovers. If I lived in Atlanta, I’d be at every game. Unfortunately, Pitt is as close as they get to me and that was nearly 4 hours.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
E7381CC0-43A8-4767-8CF1-9BDCBB68EC83.jpeg

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This is the kind of gameto show an advancement in program, even if away, to finish strong on the season..We are now fairly "old" with our whole team (except Cole?) together and yet 22 TOs and a bunch of easy pts.Just not good enough.
btw--Its obvious that Banks winning that nc St game at 1st of yr with FTs was flat lucky.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Why don’t you go **** yourself. Why do you always resort to personal attacks when nobody is going after you one bit. Nobody has said anything to you...nothing. You should be banned from this site.
Serious question. What do you have to do to be labeled “contributing member?” I see petty attacks on the Pastner and the players but otherwise I haven’t seen a single substantive “contribution.”

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
He'd likely say that despite the challenges (TOs, etc.), the team is playing hard for Coach Pastner and improving in many ways, even if it's not the W/L record. He'd follow that up with a statement that we have a lot of production coming back next year with some good recruits and we need to see get old/stay old play out.

That's what I think he'd say.

Then he'd get back to work improving the football infrastructure and wrapping up the AI 2020 fundraising, while giving himself a year to put a plan in motion to potentially (likely) replace Pastner after next season.

I agree. He can’t say anything negative, or imply that Pastner is on the hot seat, because he can’t do anything about it for at least another year. Best is to do what he is doing, and say nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hate watching games where we just beat ourselves. Too many times this season.

When Pastner first came here, it felt our talent was punching above their weight. His most talented roster is just giving games away...literally.

Super frustrating to watch.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Really? We're just going to attack everyone associated with GT until we successfully burn the place down?
We’ve spent the better part of 2 decades hating our major sports programs (football, basketball, baseball). The only reason there’s not widespread hatred of our Golf Team is nobody watches it.

Not sure when it would/could subside but for now everybody just needs to choose up sides & declare your loyalty to one side or the other so everybody knows what side you’re on.