Game Thread - Nebraska, 12/4/2019

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Comfortable win and overall we played well other than some problems finishing in the first half. Would have probably been a 30 point win if we just hit those early layups.

Anyways Devoe is just so much more confident this year. 26-7-7 with 3 steals on 10-16 shooting and 4-8 from 3. Earlier on I thought it might just be having a game or two but he's legitimately one of the best players in the country right now. Nearly top 5 in scoring on way fewer shots than most in the top 10 especially far fewer 3 point attempts.

Moses had a tremendous game with 18-9 and 3 blocks on 8-14 shooting. It should be noted that like Devoe, he too shot 50% from three.

Nobody else had a particularly noteworthy game but we got decent contributions from most people. Bubba looked more comfortable though even though his shot wasn't falling.

Nebraska isn't a good team, but we won by 17 and it should have been worse. Considering we'll be adding Jose back and Usher to the team shortly this really could be a fun ACC season.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I did not watch every minute of this game, but we beat a very flawed team tonight. I am still anxious about the season until Jose and Usher are in the lineup and Banks is out of whatever doghouse he has constructed.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I wish Khalid had a little more swagger. He has tremendous upside IMHO. He just seems to lack that killer instinct. Did can that baseline jumper tonight though.

we have the two best players in this game in Banks and Devoe, Nebraska stinks so this should be a win. We still have opportunities to pick up resume building wins but this game unfortunately won’t be one of them. We need a better effort than we rcvd tonight or we may get embarrassed on our home court.

Has it felt like Khalid is really struggling the last couple of games?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
We have one of the best players in the game (Devoe), a very good big (Banks) and a stingy team defense.

Once Jose returns it will take some pressure off the other guards and wings. We need better wing play to take the next step. I think we can get there with the kids on the roster.

I’m excited for what this team might become this season. We have all of the pieces to be a good team.

/

Deleted member 2897

I’m ready for all these internal matters that result in Banks on the bench to be done. We handcuff our starts every game. No Usher, Alvarado, and Banks = coming from behind.