Game Thread - Miami, 2/29

Deleted member 2897

If we’re healthy and Moses doesn’t run the point, we can win by 14-18.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It wouldn’t surprise me to see us win by a possession or two. If I were betting on it, I’d probably take Miami +5.5 but I still think we win a nail bitter.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Anyways, great first half. Overall the second half was basically broken down into 4 minute stretches of Good, Terrible, Terrible, Okay, Great. 8-0 run over the last 4 minutes to seal the game. Good to see us finish both halves strong.

This game was won because of hustle. We had a hard time shooting 3s, and saw a lot of close up looks not go in, and left quite a few points at the line. But 12 steals and 18 offensive boards gave us enough chances to win.

While it sucks to blow a 20 point lead, earlier this year we had issues closing out games where we played well enough to have a chance. Tonight with all the momentum going against us we found a way to close this game out. Hopefully we use this as a learning opportunity to not take the foot off the gas, but it certainly feels better to have learning opportunities come during wins than losses.

Really need to find a way to get better performances out of our bench though. After this year you have to think that Maxwell, Meka, Gigiberia, and Sjolund will have ample opportunity to earn minutes in reserve at least. We have to be able to go more than 1 deep to our bench at a time without things falling apart.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Me: My heart, my heart.
SWMBO (She who must be obeyed): I'm dialing 911.
Me: Hold off until the end of the game.
Good win regardless of blowing the lead. They showed savvy and determination and won the game. Banks s/b player of the game with Alvarado. Now take me to the ER.