Game Thread - Miami, 2/29

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Miami is a team that scares me a bit because they have 3 junior or senior guards leading the team and a freshman in Wong who has really played well recently all of whom are threats from beyond the arc. I could very easily see them spreading us out and getting hot from outside. On the other hand while they have a 7 footer inside he doesn't look to be much of a shot blocker so we should have success taking it inside.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami is a team that scares me a bit because they have 3 junior or senior guards leading the team and a freshman in Wong who has really played well recently all of whom are threats from beyond the arc. I could very easily see them spreading us out and getting hot from outside. On the other hand while they have a 7 footer inside he doesn't look to be much of a shot blocker so we should have success taking it inside.

Miami is 14th in the conference in 3 pt percentage (conference games only). GT is 3rd in 3 pt % defense.

The interesting thing in their numbers is that they get a ridiculous number of their shots blocked (338th nationally). Banks may have a day.

They are among the lowest in the country in Assists/Field Goals Made. That's a favorite stat for Pastner (we are barely above average).

This is a must win for any hope at postseason play.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, it could be better, but at least the games are still relevant and we are playing better basketball.
The latest Joe Lunardi bracket has NC State included in one of the play-in games, so who knows ...
No way N.C.S.U. is a bubble team after getting swept by the worse team in the acc

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looking forward to tonight as I think it will be the first time Bubba has had a height advantage. Want to see if we invert and post him on Lykes. :p

bos

Helluva Engineer
Looking forward to tonight as I think it will be the first time Bubba has had a height advantage. Want to see if we invert and post him on Lykes. :p

I think he had a height advantage on Shavir Wheeler, even though UGA lists him at 5'10". Lykes is smaller though. Should be great.

I'm looking forward to Bubba just exploding. I've been waiting for this all season. He's been playing a little too safe and timid. I want him to start throwing buckets up. He has not been creating his own shot like his highlights from before indicate.