Game Ball to...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Offense: Laskey. OL did a good job, but ZL fought for every yard he got tonight. He didn't have an easy night.
Defense: Our front 7. Duke Johnson got 100 yards, but we kept Miami to 106 yards total on the ground. DL made some huge plays, but our LBs filled in when we needed them to.
Special Teams: Rodwell...good run for a big first down. Got body slammed, but I don't think he really cares. Also had a good night actually doing what we recruited him for...punting.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Im giving the game ball to CPJ tonight. Its the first time in a LONG time that I can say he called a hell of a game. Fake punt, Going for it on 4th down, not settling for a FG. Mixed it up really well tonight. Thats what weve been missing. I think he has his mojo back.
This is what happens when we have a QB who thinks the triple option is his thing.

We can run the most important play in our offense again. So we are and it's working.

As for the game ball, team win and team ball.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Coach gets game ball because he loaded the box with recruits and called a great game In two years - . Can u imagine 4star JT pitching to a 5star ab = coach can and so can the recruits

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget the WR's and AB's blocking on the edge. Time and time again we made good yardage on the edge and that only happens with good blocking.

Really a team win.

That said, the OL was dealing tonight though and Laskey showed great want to. Both of these things also helped the edge by keeping Miami's fast defense honest.

And IMO the offense saved the defense's bacon. If we can't hold the ball a long time Miami's O wears our D down. Not belittling what the D accomplished because they did their part and the bend but don't break strategy worked to perfection vs the young QB on a team loaded with A+ speed at the skill positions. We gave up some big gainers but no home runs....giving them a chance to screw up and us a chance to make plays.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget the WR's and AB's blocking on the edge.
Even the announcers were pointing out. The casual fan is pissed at Waller for his boneheaded false start and holding calls that killed drives, the educated fan knows he was key on many of our big plays, not least of which was the td run by Hill. I think Waller is still pushing that guy backwards.