Game 9 #GTvsUVA Media

CEB

Helluva Engineer
UVA can ruin our season—theirs is already toast
Truer words never spoken.
We have done a really nice job of making plays for comeback / clutch wins (and I’ll take wins anyway I can get them) but this doesn’t feel like the type of game where we want them leading and gaining confidence.
I would really love to see us prove we can get a lead and protect it….
But if I have to accept a crazy 4th quarter come from behind win, I certainly will. ;)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Truer words never spoken.
We have done a really nice job of making plays for comeback / clutch wins (and I’ll take wins anyway I can get them) but this doesn’t feel like the type of game where we want them leading and gaining confidence.
I would really love to see us prove we can get a lead and protect it….
But if I have to accept a crazy 4th quarter come from behind win, I certainly will. ;)
Yeah, probably important to get an early lead, both for our chances and my nerves.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
One big thing I noticed about this press conference - the traditional Coke bottle on the lecturn has been replaced with a yellow Powerade.

Not sure if this was by design, but I damn well hope it is, and will continue. I've always hated looking at that red and black Coke bottle.

The Powerade isn't exactly our colors - I imagine it's even tougher to make an old gold drink than it is to make a helmet match a jersey - but I'll take it.

(I may even drop J. Batt a note about it. It's irked me for years, almost as much as the DWAGS building next to our campus.)
100% agree with this.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
One big thing I noticed about this press conference - the traditional Coke bottle on the lecturn has been replaced with a yellow Powerade.

Not sure if this was by design, but I damn well hope it is, and will continue. I've always hated looking at that red and black Coke bottle.

The Powerade isn't exactly our colors - I imagine it's even tougher to make an old gold drink than it is to make a helmet match a jersey - but I'll take it.

(I may even drop J. Batt a note about it. It's irked me for years, almost as much as the DWAGS building next to our campus.)
Coke bottles are clear with a red and white label and a brown liquid inside, not red and black. Coke is also the biggest icon of Atlanta in the world, and is basically right next to Tech. The guy who came up with their logo, Frank Robinson, is from Maine. It has nothing to do with ugag.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Coke bottles are clear with a red and white label and a brown liquid inside, not red and black. Coke is also the biggest icon of Atlanta in the world, and is basically right next to Tech. The guy who came up with their logo, Frank Robinson, is from Maine. It has nothing to do with ugag.
But they placed Coke ZERO up there!!!
Not only is it a gawd awful concoction of unholy artificial sweeteners, it comes in a red bottle with BLACK writing!
RED AND BLACK! I mean, cmon!
Its just offensive all the way around to be honest… and a totally unnecessary additional poke in the eye to boot.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Powerade is still Coke ;)

CEB

Helluva Engineer
WE HAVEN'T WORN OUR CLASSIC GOLD HELMETS SINCE WEEK 2! WHEN WILL THEY RETURN?
Agree: a little surprising we didn’t do go gold with the white jerseys and gold pants
But we wore them for BGSU… maybe still trying to get that taste out of our mouths?
(I blame the black garbage personally)

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm well aware of who makes Powerade, I drink it a lot. I also don't care if it's up there instead of an actual Coke, it makes more sense for an athlete to be drinking anyway. Just pointing out why having a Coke bottle sitting there is not the issue some seem to take it as.
You're welcome to that opinion. I said nothing about Coke's choice of colors being uGA-motivated - they aren't. Still, if given the choice, I would simply prefer to not have something that projects the colors of our biggest rival continually sitting front and center during every press conference.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Is the coaches radio show and the Good Word show somewhere to listen to online? I usually listen to the from Google podcasts but they haven't posted for this week yet.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
You're welcome to that opinion. I said nothing about Coke's choice of colors being uGA-motivated - they aren't. Still, if given the choice, I would simply prefer to not have something that projects the colors of our biggest rival continually sitting front and center during every press conference.
Let Key know then, he's the one drinking the Cokes.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Is the coaches radio show and the Good Word show somewhere to listen to online? I usually listen to the from Google podcasts but they haven't posted for this week yet.
Couldn't find it either across a number of sites and platforms. Usually they just post late on Fri or Sat AM, but no luck so far.