Game 9 #GTvsUVA Media

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Despite our particularly sad losses, and our potential to blow more games that we are favored to win (UVA & CUSE), do we think tech is uptrending as a program this year?

If we win just one more game this season will those that think Key is the one begin to lose hope?

I for one think another 5-7 season would be okay, or at least no reason to panic.
6-6 and a bowl, I would consider a reason for optimism going into next year, considering our team is young.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Despite our particularly sad losses, and our potential to blow more games that we are favored to win (UVA & CUSE), do we think tech is uptrending as a program this year?

If we win just one more game this season will those that think Key is the one begin to lose hope?

I for one think another 5-7 season would be okay, or at least no reason to panic.
6-6 and a bowl, I would consider a reason for optimism going into next year, considering our team is young.
You compare what Key is saying in this presser, and how devoted he is to Tech / the program, to the previous guy. It should be obvious that Key is the right guy.
However, with that , some of us don't understand that there are still going to be some ups and downs as key gets settled in and patience is required

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

I think 5-7 or above is acceptable. 4-8 would be a little concerning. 7-5 and up would be really good.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

6-6 with a bowl and I start planning for the playoffs next year!

This has been a stellar coaching job taking over a very dysfunctional program.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Last I looked we aren't favored to win this weekend. Virginia has caught on fire and is playing well. Indeed, the fact we are underdogs is the only thing giving me hope....

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You compare what Key is saying in this presser, and how devoted he is to Tech / the program, to the previous guy. It should be obvious that Key is the right guy.
However, with that , some of us don't understand that there are still going to be some ups and downs as key gets settled in and patience is required
He's not afraid to admit failure. He doesn't gloss over it. He simply tells the truth - it's history, learn from it. He talks about players who can learn from failure. That's powerful. Everyone fails. Only those who are growing learn from it and move forward. That's also freeing for the players. You'll be held accountable, but your accountability is to learn and become a better player. Never waste a perfectly good failure - always let it make you better.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

"Up trending"? Perhaps, in terms of respect by the media and other coaches etc. Not by other fans that is for sure. Certainly not by Miami fans who remain disdainful while yapping about recruiting rankings. UNC fans by contrast were less than confident going into their game with us with was understandable given the history. Personally, I think we are better but have a long way to go. Incremental daily, weekly, monthly progress towards rebuilding the program and the culture. It will take time.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Last I looked we aren't favored to win this weekend. Virginia has caught on fire and is playing well. Indeed, the fact we are underdogs is the only thing giving me hope....
The "Hoo Ville House of Horrors". How apt the week of Halloween. It is remarkable how tough the Cavaliers have been on us for so long.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
IIRC from an article I read, Scott Stadium--for whatever reason--was in the top 20 or 25 toughest places to play.

I don't know other Coastal teams' records there, but apparently it's a tough place ro play in general.

They just took Miami to OT on the road without Miami giving them an extra chance. Beat UNC on the road the week before.

They are favored in this game for a reason. Course, that could be why we win.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
IIRC from an article I read, Scott Stadium--for whatever reason--was in the top 20 or 25 toughest places to play.

I don't know other Coastal teams' records there, but apparently it's a tough place ro play in general.

They just took Miami to OT on the road without Miami giving them an extra chance. Beat UNC on the road the week before.

They are favored in this game for a reason. Course, that could be why we win.
As for Scott Stadium, I think all the bow ties freak out opposing teams.