• NC State by 7-13

Votes: 34 23.1%
  • NC State by 14+

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
.... And three, possibly four, of those are arguably worse than us. AND they have not, nor will they, play Notre Dame AND Clemson.
True, to their good fortune they didn't play Notre Dame and Clemson, but would our record be any different if we had swapped Notre Dame and Clemson for Wake Forest and Liberty? I honestly don't think that it would be.

slugboy

Staff member
Again, I predict a tie.

Worked last time. But I think the betting line is most likely. NC State by 8.

We are more likely than NC State to self destruct. Like try to fair catch a punt on the 4 yard line backing up ........
I'll steal this
OVERTIME, BABEEE!
beamer.0.0.jpeg

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
True, to their good fortune they didn't play Notre Dame and Clemson, but would our record be any different if we had swapped Notre Dame and Clemson for Wake Forest and Liberty? I honestly don't think that it would be.

If we had swapped ND and CU for WF, Liberty, or possibly UVA, I honestly think we had a good chance to win, at least toss-ups, and not sure slaughters. If you don't see that, I think you are just a very negative fan.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If we had swapped ND and CU for WF, Liberty, or possibly UVA, I honestly think we had a good chance to win, at least toss-ups, and not sure slaughters. If you don't see that, I think you are just a very negative fan.
I think we would have had a better chance but I don't think we are better than those teams and I don't necessarily think those games would have been tossups. If you think we would have beaten all of them, along with Pitt then im not sure what team you watched most of the season.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I just don't think were quite ready. We have improved since the bye week but I worry about Gibbs. If he is 100% I will feel much better, and if he is 99% I would prefer to rest him as I don't want a hamstring to hinder him in the future.
In his interview, it was obvious that Coach Doeren was concerned about two things: Gibbs in space and the athleticism of Jeff. He also mentioned the size of the safeties and how much one or the other would drop into the box. He did not mention linebackers or defensive line...I wonder why?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think we would have had a better chance but I don't think we are better than those teams and I don't necessarily think those games would have been tossups. If you think we would have beaten all of them, along with Pitt then im not sure what team you watched most of the season.
We could win those games...that is not the same as saying we would win those games. I don't think we would sweep either way, winning or losing but after watching Liberty play NC State I believe they would give us fits. However, I also believe we could run them into the ground with Gibbs, Mason, and the gang. It would be interesting.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In the second half of the Fluke game, we played probably our best half of the season. The first half was a **** show.

If we play an entire game like the second Fluke half, we win. I'll drink to that.

I updated my perdition (sic from speel check) to a loss by <7 since the line is now 6.5.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well I've been a very strong Tech fan since about 1954 and I just don't understand fans that exult in down grading their team to the hilt but thanks for reminding me of the IGNORE button.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
WE lose 21-31 because-
NS st won't have 5 TOs
Gibbs is hurt
their QB is a Soph,ours a FR
they are at home
Well, Hockman can have his moments in turning the ball over. He is very confident in his ability to get the ball to his receivers in a small window, perhaps a little too confident. That said, this team was totally different in the three games he was out. He is the straw that stirs the drink on that team. I think they have an edge at defensive line and linebacker but we have the edge at running back (yes, even without Gibbs), and quarterback,. Receivers perhaps a slight edge to them because of the tight end who is a pretty good player. Number 88 for them is a big and very physical wideout who gets away with pushing off on jump balls. It should be an interesting game. In the video interview this week, it was obvious to me that Coach Doeren really wants this game.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
.... And three, possibly four, of those are arguably worse than us. AND they have not, nor will they, play Notre Dame AND Clemson.

Maybe, but I like our chances better against those two vs. against ND and CU.

I'd swap UCF (and their refs) for Liberty, which is the better comparison. And we might have had a chance against an erratic UNC team, whereas we had none agaist the Chigers and the Domers.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Well I've been a very strong Tech fan since about 1954 and I just don't understand fans that exult in down grading their team to the hilt but thanks for reminding me of the IGNORE button.
I don't really care if you ignore me. You aren't the first and won't be the last. But if others thinking our program might not quite be at the level to beat several decent teams yet is that offensive then you might want to examine your own sensitivity.