• Miami by 7-13

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Miami by 14+

Votes: 67 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Of all the games, beside Ugag, Tech plays, I want Tech to beat da U. Based on the results this season and the trajectory of Miami, my prediction is thugs 42-10 (Please make me wrong).

Edit - looks like I am in the majority

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Nah bruh. Hugs > Thugs all day long
Sad Care Bears GIF by Complex

Gotta say I’m equal parts proud and sad to have used a care bear gif with regards to GT sports.

Guess that’s what Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban will do to me on a random Thursday night.

@Lotta Juice

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Thacker is gonna do what he is gonna do (with apologies to Ron Zook) but if it were me I would blitz that SOB so much, he would think it was 2005 all over again. He would be wondering where the next one is coming from. But that is just me. If Coach Thacker wants to play a soft zone and rush 3 or at most 4, then be my guest.
Good idea. But we either don't or can't blitz so it' just gives Miami's speedy WRs more time to burn our slow secondary, IMO. Gonna be FUGLY , I fear.
UM 48 - Jackets 31, we got 2 TDs late to make it look closer, though.:yuck:

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I would expect Miami to win but almost every game’s result this year has been the opposite of what I expected with the exception of the Duke game (although I expected to win by more than we did) so who knows.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think Miami wins this as we fail to cover their WR's. Hope I am wrong though. Would be fun to beat them again.

We absolutely have to be in positive TO Margin to win this game.
It would take more than that Red, important though the TO margin is in this game or any other. It will take BOTH Simms and Gibbs going off big time running the ball which is actually pretty reasonable as Miami tackles like they are social distancing for the Wuhan Flu. A couple of dropped passes by Miami receivers on third down or timely penalties would not hurt either.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Miami is favored by 9 or 10... My prediction is that they will win and cover with one caveat. Do you want an example of a "trap game"? This is one if ever I have seen one. Miami is coming off a two game winning streak defeating two top 25 ACC opponents. They have been yapping all week about the Duh U is back and so forth. They are facing an opponent for whom they have little respect. They are looking ahead to the "Big One" in the Sunshine State vs FSU. Their quarterback, deservedly so, has been on the receiving end of all kinds of accolades for turning the season around He may be due to start playing like the statue that he is. It is Manny. Finally, with all that, it would be the most "Miami" thing I can think of to lay an egg and send canes in sight into an absolute full meltdown complete with the obligatory "Fire Manny" banners being flown at the FSU game. Even after the two wins against NC State and Pitt, the Canes are still a pedestrian 4-4 but with ACC championship dreams dancing in their heads. IIWII
Believe it or not, this quote was featured by a poster on canesinsight who took umbrage with my claim that the Miami fans were saying that "Duh U is back". A bit of hyperbole on my part I suppose, but there is no denying the mounting sense of Miami fans that Van Dyke is the savior they have been waiting for. In any event, as one poster here put it: Thugs over Hugs by a bunch. Probably so and that is why I went with the Miami by 14 vote even though there is a glimmer of hope, however slight, that this is a trap game for the Canes.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah bruh. Hugs > Thugs all day long
Sad Care Bears GIF by Complex

Gotta say I’m equal parts proud and sad to have used a care bear gif with regards to GT sports.

Guess that’s what Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban will do to me on a random Thursday night.

@Lotta Juice

T H U G S

But what happens when the Yellow Jackets come to town and they steal them T's?

__ H U G S

Georgia Tech by a million.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought last week's game would be a 21-17, 24-21 type of contest. I think this week is more of a track meet like UVA game.
Miami's D is not good at tackling so we should be able to score more. But their offense has been exceptional throwing the ball the last few weeks and that is a scary thought.

This comment from their film review of GT on the StateoftheU site is what concerns me most.
Above- The GT cornerbacks are trash. Charleston Rambo and Mike Harley need to eat this week. Tyler Van Dyke should have time to throw, and these CB’s can’t hang with Miami receivers or if they’re stuck 1-on-1 with Jaylan Knighton.

Obviously if we cannot get consistent pressure on Van Dyke he is going to rip us apart like Armstrong and Pickett did. I'm going with 42-31 bad guys.
Our best chance is if Miami starts getting too big of a head and plays sloppy.