Game 9 #GTvsMIA Media

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
As is customary, I glanced at the comments before watching the CGC presser and it said he actually answered questions in this one.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
If you have ever had kids or employees or subordinates that just aren't getting it done then you can understand why I don't need or want to listen to a video of said kids/employees/subordinates about how they are going to kick butt this week even tho they haven't kicked any butt in so long you can't remember.

Just kick the butt and send me a text that you actually did it. Don't waste 30 minutes of my time telling me how you are going to do it.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
If you have ever had kids or employees or subordinates that just aren't getting it done then you can understand why I don't need or want to listen to a video of said kids/employees/subordinates about how they are going to kick butt this week even tho they haven't kicked any butt in so long you can't remember.

Just kick the butt and send me a text that you actually did it. Don't waste 30 minutes of my time telling me how you are going to do it.
Honestly, it would be like Paul Johnson to say we probably won’t win another game and I’d have respect for it. To say we are a great team just two to three plays away is as CGC would say “ridiculously good” effort to paint a positive light on a much bigger schematic problem.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
According to CGC, Saturday was, with the exception of 2 plays our best week for the secondary, so all's good there... "They played pretty solid".

Excellent...
He also talked about his resume again about how he's been successful as HC and had built great defenses.

My question is, how long did that take at previous schools, we're still waiting for his "legendary defence"

Then he got asked a direct question on his message to the fans, and his answer was as expected. Trust the process and patience.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
He also talked about his resume again about how he's been successful as HC and had built great defenses.

My question is, how long did that take at previous schools, we're still waiting for his "legendary defence"

Then he got asked a direct question on his message to the fans, and his answer was as expected. Trust the process and patience.
Yes lets look at the 2 years he was Head Coach

before he was at Temple 2015 258 points give up 11out of 128 damn good
the year before 2016 281 points give up 18 out of 128 still good
ok his first year 2017 335 points give up 59 out of 130 well it was his first year
ok his 2nd year 2018 352 points give up 66 out of 130 not going the right way

Well doesn't looked like he did that good on defense

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes lets look at the 2 years he was Head Coach

before he was at Temple 2015 258 points give up 11out of 128 damn good
the year before 2016 281 points give up 18 out of 128 still good
ok his first year 2017 335 points give up 59 out of 130 well it was his first year
ok his 2nd year 2018 352 points give up 66 out of 130 not going the right way

Well doesn't looked like he did that good on defense
When a coach stands in front of the media trying to convince them how great of a coach he is and how successful he's been at other places when in reality he's been mediocre(@ Temple) at best seems a little desperate... His resume as a DC isn't to shabby but if I were him Id probably stop talking about how great of a head coach he is, just making himself look stupid

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
When a coach stands in front of the media trying to convince them how great of a coach he is and how successful he's been at other places when in reality he's been mediocre(@ Temple) at best seems a little desperate... His resume as a DC isn't to shabby but if I were him Id probably stop talking about how great of a head coach he is, just making himself look stupid
Question. When has CGC ever said that he is a great head coach?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, it would be like Paul Johnson to say we probably won’t win another game and I’d have respect for it. To say we are a great team just two to three plays away is as CGC would say “ridiculously good” effort to paint a positive light on a much bigger schematic problem.

Paul legit said that in 2010 after kansas i think. i think he actually said " If we play like that again we won't win another game"

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
For some reason, i am reminded of an old joke.

Woman just finished her physical exam and the doctor looks very concerned.
She says "What is the matter Doc?"
He says, "Oh I guess it is just a mistake in our records; they show you are married."
"But I am married Doc. I have been married for three years."
"But you are still a virgin."
"Yes, but it is easily explained. I married an IBM salesman, and all he can do is tell me how great it is going to be!"

You may need to know something about the computer industry in the 70s to really understand it.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Well I tried to watch Cuse but I see we are no longer doing that thing we did (provide a microphone?) to allow the audience to hear the actual questions. I like the kids, but to hear them talk without context is frsutrating (for me). We can't have nice things at GT.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
CGC is worse than a used car salesman. He actually believes his bs. Quit talking the talk and start walking the walk. It’s like having a 16 year old as our head coach.