Game 9 #GTvsMIA Media

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
What gets me too is how, after year 1, Collins put in that 10/10/10 Club thing to make up the ground on all those "close losses" we had in 19.
Now, he says, and I quote, "we’re now to the point in the program we’re in these close games, which we haven’t been in the past."
So ... which is it?
The other side of the coin is ... we're in close games against teams that suck.

"You can see the progress" ....
Yeah. We've gone from a 3-win team that barely beat a piss poor USF team to being a 3-win team that couldn't beat Northern Illinois. And Clemson is a shell of itself this year. Don't try to compare losing by 66 last year to this year's game. Last year's team rolled to the CFP. This year's team is 5-3 with squeakers over Syracuse and BC.
It's almost as if he tries to sell himself on his blather at this point.
Our best win may turn out to be Kennesaw State. UNC will be lucky to get to 6-6. They may wind up 5-7.

Animal02

Banned
What gets me too is how, after year 1, Collins put in that 10/10/10 Club thing to make up the ground on all those "close losses" we had in 19.
Now, he says, and I quote, "we’re now to the point in the program we’re in these close games, which we haven’t been in the past."
So ... which is it?
The other side of the coin is ... we're in close games against teams that suck.

"You can see the progress" ....
Yeah. We've gone from a 3-win team that barely beat a piss poor USF team to being a 3-win team that couldn't beat Northern Illinois. And Clemson is a shell of itself this year. Don't try to compare losing by 66 last year to this year's game. Last year's team rolled to the CFP. This year's team is 5-3 with squeakers over Syracuse and BC.
It's almost as if he tries to sell himself on his blather at this point.
Our best win may turn out to be Kennesaw State. UNC will be lucky to get to 6-6. They may wind up 5-7.
Watching the Clemson game....I had a back of the gut feeling they were trying to lose close on the drive in the 4th where the ate 7 minutes of the clock and sort of surprised themselves that they had a shot at the end. Or maybe it was just poor clock management. :unsure:

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Geoff Collins press days are predictable. If he manages to right the ship, I hope someone encourages him to tone down his overly positive outlooks, use of the term “elite”, etc and add some reality to his statements. It’s perfectly acceptable to say the program isn’t where you’d like it to be without criticizing players and staff.