• VT by 7-13

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • VT by 14+

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We are against a weak OFf but decent Def.I'm going to say that our Fg kicker will cap his career with a winner. Of course I'll put NO money on this-- 27-24. Tech

LibertyTurns

Banned
GT 31-10, decent play calling & it’s 38-10 or 45-10. There is absolutely no reason we should not absolutely crush these turkeys. Should be close to a 600 yd game- Mason 150, Gibbs 100, Dontae 75, Sims 75 on ground & 200 yds passing.

Defense gets a turnover, believe it or not.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We have Gibbs and Sims and Mason and Smith. Thats some fine running talent. However the gt pass defense -" leave one or more open at all times" will keep vt in the game till we pull away in fourth.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm heading up there this weekend which will probably mean the Jackets and the Braves will lose based on my luck!

Go Jackets!

(I have us winning 31-27)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no idea for this game.

Both teams are coming off their worst defensive performances of the season, so you have to think both team's defenses are likely to come out with their hair on fire.
Weather is supposed to be chilly (low 50's) with scattered showers. The chilly in particular will make it a little tougher to throw (and kick) the ball.
Team that runs the ball better (and doesn't turn it over) is likely to win. I like the good T to run better so i'm going with less than a 7 pt win - probably in the last 4 minutes of the game if recent VT games are an indication (they lost 2 of their last 3 by giving up multiple scores in the last 4 minutes of the game).

But literally no outcome would surprise me in this game.

yellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I hope I am wrong but Virginia Poly 31 Ga Tech 20. Sims throws an int and fumbles once. Defense backs make VPI qb a Heisman nominee.

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
Losing to VPI 2 years ago in the first home shutout in like 70 years was craptastic. The only thing that I am sure of is that we will score in this game. We could beat them 51-7 or lose 42-21. I think we start a 3 game win streak with a tight win like 28-24.

Jmonty71

Banned
GT 31-10, decent play calling & it’s 38-10 or 45-10. There is absolutely no reason we should not absolutely crush these turkeys. Should be close to a 600 yd game- Mason 150, Gibbs 100, Dontae 75, Sims 75 on ground & 200 yds passing.

Defense gets a turnover, believe it or not.
I don't know... seems kind of hokey to me..... Just gobbling up on the turkey pun.....

Jmonty71

Banned
I had us losing by 3, but then saw the all blue uniform reveal.

GT 38
VT 34
If I were to stick with my see-saw theory, we should see a win. This is a game where any team could win by 20 or barely win by 3..... VT and GT have both been up and down.... Not much to go off other than they both have identity issues. I am hoping for a GT win... No clue what to expect.... If we win, it will be because we didn't hand them the game, by turning it over....

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Losing to VPI 2 years ago in the first home shutout in like 70 years was craptastic. The only thing that I am sure of is that we will score in this game. We could beat them 51-7 or lose 42-21. I think we start a 3 game win streak with a tight win like 28-24.
A three game win streak would be pretty amazing and give us a ton of momentum going into South Bend...but I haven't really seen anything that makes me think this team is going to do something like that. Then again...it wouldn't be turning the corner if you had won a bunch of games before.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A three game win streak would be pretty amazing and give us a ton of momentum going into South Bend...but I haven't really seen anything that makes me think this team is going to do something like that. Then again...it wouldn't be turning the corner if you had won a bunch of games before.
right now I sort of feel like we win tomorrow, lose next week in Miami, beat BC and lose to both ND and UGA (who are both going to be very difficult to score on).

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Upon further review, CFN points out that Georgia Tech is last in the ACC in 3rd down conversions, does not do a good job in controlling the clock because of what is described as a "hit and miss" run defense that allowed UVA to rush for 240 yards last week. Yet, they contend that the Jackets will win because while Virginia Tech does a lot of little things well...the Hokies still lose. They have not won a game against an FBS opponent in over a month. The primary culprit being an anemic offense that struggles to get to 350 yards TOTAL for the game. In the old days, the Hokie defense would bow its neck and create turnovers or block a kick or something. That is no longer the case.
Now you've done it! Kiss of death:" VT has not won against an FBS team in over a month". How could you!