• VT by 7-13

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • VT by 14+

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jmonty71

Banned
I really am lost on this. We have 2 teams that is either hot or cold... If both teams show up, and play at potential we could have an exciting and tight game... In which, I think we win by 3. However; we could have our good team show and VT's bad team show and we win by 20. Likewise, our bad team could show and VT's good team win by 20. Just for a pick.. I am going to say both teams bring the not so good teams and we lose by TD, due to careless turnovers. VT 28-21..... But, this is a total stab in the dark, with these 2 teams....

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Like all the above, I am at a loss to predict this one. Given that, GT 31- VT 27 sounds about right.

As far as wagering, I wouldn't put more than $0.50 of my own money on the game. I think Cuse's data from these polls suggests that investment in lottery tickets may have a greater chance of financial return for the vast majority of us who throw darts each week.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Like all the above, I am at a loss to predict this one. Given that, GT 31- VT 27 sounds about right.

As far as wagering, I wouldn't put more than $0.50 of my own money on the game. I think Cuse's data from these polls suggests that investment in lottery tickets may have a greater chance of financial return for the vast majority of us who throw darts each week.
I resemble that remark.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think we'll see much better defensive play behind thacker and collins against the weakest offense we've seen since Clemson. I think we win.
We'd better win. It's homecoming, but more importantly the perception of a team that's improving is at stake. These next three games are crucial. We need to start finding a way to win against teams like the ones we're facing the next three weeks. I don't think they're necessarily bad teams, but run-of-the-mill ACC fare is what we need to start feasting on regularly, instead of sporadically. At a minimum we need to win two of the next three. At bare minimum.

candrewk

Georgia Tech Fan
This is a hard one. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think our loss to VT two years ago was the worst of Collins' first season (yes, worse than The Citadel). That being said, a lot can change in two years, so who knows.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Avenge Nesbitt!

Can we get all the way turnt up on the scoreboard?

Poll included.
What do Miami, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, FSU, and Duke all have in common? Give up? All of them sit at a season record of 3-4 going into Saturday's game. For some of them it will be a huge step towards bowl eligibility and salvaging a currently mediocre season, for others it will be a season of promise swirling the drain. As for Tech, College Football News has the Jackets winning BUT NOT covering the 4 point spread. Their reasoning is that Virginia Tech is a team that has endured too many disappointments with close losses to Notre Dame among others and they believe the Hokies' offense is just not that good. We will see. I am likewise going with the home standing Jackets by a field goal.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Avenge Nesbitt!

Can we get all the way turnt up on the scoreboard?

Poll included.
What do Miami, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, FSU, and Duke all have in common? Give up? All of them sit at a season record of 3-4 going into Saturday's game. For some of them it will be a huge step towards bowl eligibility and salvaging a currently mediocre season, for others it will be a season of promise swirling the drain. As for Tech, College Football News has the Jackets winning BUT NOT covering the 4 point spread. Their reasoning is that Virginia Tech is a team that has endured too many disappointments with close losses to Notre Dame among others and they believe the Hokies' offense is just not that good. We will see. I am likewise going with the home standing Jackets by a field goal.
Upon further review, CFN points out that Georgia Tech is last in the ACC in 3rd down conversions, does not do a good job in controlling the clock because of what is described as a "hit and miss" run defense that allowed UVA to rush for 240 yards last week. Yet, they contend that the Jackets will win because while Virginia Tech does a lot of little things well...the Hokies still lose. They have not won a game against an FBS opponent in over a month. The primary culprit being an anemic offense that struggles to get to 350 yards TOTAL for the game. In the old days, the Hokie defense would bow its neck and create turnovers or block a kick or something. That is no longer the case.