Game 8 #UNCvsGT Postgame

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Wes did say it was Janneh. He’s a bit taller than Harvey. You’d have to be looking close to notice.
Harvey is also not wearing the compression sleeve or tights or whatever on his left leg that the #18 on the block is wearing.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Which of yall rushed the field and wrecked the Wreck window? ACC network says one-a yall jack legs cracked the window, dropped your phone, came back for it, snatched it from security, and disappeared into the night.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

Angry Mad GIF by Pokémon

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yes, but we also need DL, specifically DT. I watched the replay last night focusing on DL play. Our interior DL got turned on just about every play. Several times I saw a DT in a 2-tech get turned in by the G while the DE on his side bull rushed the C gap. No double team. Massive hole, big gain. If the DE is going to bull rush outside the T, the DT has got to hold two gaps, A and B. It takes a stalwart chap to do so, but it must be done or you get a hole. In such cases one would expect a LB to fill, but too often he was not there. If the DT is getting turned with no double, the C is likely loose hunting LB.

Another issue I saw was zero penetration by the 3-tech. He’s usually your penetrator, but we got precious little.

We need DL help badly, IMO.
We need defensive line help, linebacker help, and a few more offensive linemen would not be amiss. What we don't need are any more defensive backs and 185lb running backs. Christ alone knows we have plenty of them.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

That is an interesting chart on student body enthusiasm. I would say though that I am not sure how this guy knows where the Miami student body is in that stadium because they all look like drug pushers, criminals, and prostitutes in the stands. Virginia Tech is probably in that chart every week on the plus side. Kind of understandable about Wake Forest, as it is one of the smallest student bodies in a power five conference. I don't know about the rest except that if I were a Nebraska student I might just as well stay in the library studying as to watch Jeff Sims lose three yards on a fourth down play and fumble the ball in the bargain.

Techfiend

Georgia Tech Fan
That is an interesting chart on student body enthusiasm. I would say though that I am not sure how this guy knows where the Miami student body is in that stadium because they all look like drug pushers, criminals, and prostitutes in the stands. Virginia Tech is probably in that chart every week on the plus side. Kind of understandable about Wake Forest, as it is one of the smallest student bodies in a power five conference. I don't know about the rest except that if I were a Nebraska student I might just as well stay in the library studying as to watch Jeff Sims lose three yards on a fourth down play and fumble the ball in the bargain.
Well, Sims hasn't played for Nebraska since week 3, I don't think.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know about the rest except that if I were a Nebraska student I might just as well stay in the library studying as to watch Jeff Sims lose three yards on a fourth down play and fumble the ball in the bargain.
Jeff Sims hasn't played since giving away their first two games. Nebraska is 5-1 since and has a decent shot at going to the B1G championship game as the West representative.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Just a couple of observations from an old guy back in BDS for the first time since ‘21 COFH

BDS under the lights has always been special for me. I had a good feeling going into the game. I had west stands season tix for years but the weekend car trips were wearing me out. A friend offered me his lower East tix at the last minute, so I went and took one of my sons with me. We had a blast. Close to the student section and the band. Great atmosphere.

On the deep ball to Singleton in the first half, I thought it was overthrown. Singleton is FAST. The comparisons to Campbell are spot on.

On the play where Haynes pulled it from Dontae, I noticed the pre-snap shift. Four receivers all shifted out wide. Opened up the middle of the field. You just don’t get to see things like this on TV. Great play call and execution. Dontae was killing them at the time.

On the 2pt conversion play. Great design and execution. Seemed almost too easy.

My view was blocked for the second Seither catch, although HK was right in front of me. The delayed signal and then BDS exploded.

TV is fine, but nothing beats BDS especially at night. Nothing against the folks that weren’t there, I’m usually at home watching too nowadays - I just love the live game experience.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Random thoughts 2 days later - that game is absolutely up there with 2011 Clemson and 2015 FSU as my favorite/most fun/most memorable games I've been to. I've been to a lot of stadiums now and I can't get over how good/impactful/engaged our student section was (and is every single game but especially Saturday night). Bobby Dodd at night under the skyline is just something special with regards to the energy that flows throughout the place. It's college football bucket list material for sure.

I won't be at the Syracuse game but I hope it's a night game again for those of you who can make it.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Random thoughts 2 days later - that game is absolutely up there with 2011 Clemson and 2015 FSU as my favorite/most fun/most memorable games I've been to. I've been to a lot of stadiums now and I can't get over how good/impactful/engaged our student section was (and is every single game but especially Saturday night). Bobby Dodd at night under the skyline is just something special with regards to the energy that flows throughout the place. It's college football bucket list material for sure.
That 2009 VPI night game was off the charts crazy. Loudest and craziest game I’ve ever attended at BDS.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Jeff Sims hasn't played since giving away their first two games. Nebraska is 5-1 since and has a decent shot at going to the B1G championship game as the West representative.
Not entirely true. He was in for about 3 plays this weekend. One of them involved him mistiming the snap and almost hitting the crossing route runner in the backfield.

Then he fumbled the ball and turned it over for a pick six.

(I don't believe he'll be making another appearance.)

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
That 2009 VPI night game was off the charts crazy. Loudest and craziest game I’ve ever attended at BDS.

Went to all those games, great wins and crowd energy. There were a few wins against uga a while back that were up there noise-wise, but a larger stadium a few decades ago.

While not at BDS, the crowd noise at the Sept 2021 win vs unc at MBS was at times, deafening. Any dome game is going to be loud. My ears were ringing for a few days after that one. Close enough to be a home game.