Game 8 #UNCvsGT Postgame

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’ll admit, I was at the game and left midway thought the 3rd quarter. I wanted to stay, but I have bad eyes…and when they go bad, they go bad (imagine the inside of your eyelids suddenly turning into sandpaper). Got home in time to hear us take the lead and get the win.Well

Amazing. Go Jackets!
Dry eyes? My wife has that and it is the most annoying, aggravating thing in the world. Your description of the inside of your eyelids suddenly turning to sandpaper is just how she describes it. She recently had cataract surgery which has inflamed her eyes a bit. Hope you feel better in the morning. Rest and dream of Jacket comebacks.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Very happy about the never quit attitude our guys bring.

Congratulations to our team. They worked their tails off.

I’ll state the obvious. We need some difference makers in the front 7. If we had them this year, we are probably a 6-2 team.

Hoping we can buck the trend and get some big nasties to attend the Institute.
There are guys that have looked good at times and bad at others. And most of those guys are young, so I'm really hoping they start playing consistently for the rest of this year into next year. I'm especially excited about Lockett and Efford.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Dry eyes? My wife has that and it is the most annoying, aggravating thing in the world. Your description of the inside of your eyelids suddenly turning to sandpaper is just how she describes it. She recently had cataract surgery which has inflamed her eyes a bit. Hope you feel better in the morning. Rest and dream of Jacket comebacks.
The bourbon I’m drinking right now will help immensely, but thanks for the positive sentiments.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Props to the whole team for doing what they had to.

Big shoutout to Buster for sticking with what works and not getting cute.

Defense did just enough. But I just wish I saw half progress our offense has made this year on defense. We may be a 1 or 2 loss team if that were the case.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Who feels good about this electrifying, shocking, unbelievable upset?
Well, I do. 1,212 yards of total offense collectively from both teams. Most of the stats were pretty even. The game came down to an absolute collapse by Carolina in the last 7 minutes. They drove 54 yards and missed a field goal. Then, they completed a thirty something yard pass and fumbled while Tech put together 3 fourth quarter scoring drives. Seems to me, like Tech wanted this game more and just reached out and took it. Very similar to other track meets in the past. The wild thunderstorm delayed game at FSU that went on forever with Tech pulling away in the second half and that 68-50 win over UNC on their homecoming come to mind. Interesting to me was that Tech scored all of their 46 points in the second and fourth quarters. Crazy.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CPJ memories

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1698552952424.jpg
    FB_IMG_1698552952424.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 164

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Great win!
Nothing to add to the celebrations but want to say that I was happy with Key’s end game decisions wrt clock management. Nice use of the timeout and good call to run the ball and take the air out of the ball. Great job by the players to get the first when everyone in the stadium knew we would run it. It’s much tougher to get those yards with 8 guys in the box