Game 8 Media Pittsburgh vs. Georgia Tech #PITTvsGT

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it's clear CDP knows how to run an offense. The hang-ups have been our O-line being non-ideal body types/lack of experience, and having 1 QB option with all the tools to run what he wants to run. I think we would have more success on offense if we adjusted what we're doing more to fit the current personnel, but I also think the staff has decided to bite the bullet and jump right into a "NFL Pro-Style" offense rather than a mix. Our lack of points have also been caused by some really bad fumbles and poor decisions leading to INTs.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
LoL...cgc.."We prepare well; we get after it, It's our culture". The other team is great.. We really play at a high level"! it's hilarious. Every press conference same gymnastics of words
What’s equally hilarious is that people like you continue to watch them and then come on here and complain.

That’s like me telling my wife the food at Arby’s sucks, then going to Arby’s every Monday for lunch and coming home to tell her the food was terrible.

Sounds dumb right? Well here we are again. Some of y’all are going on 7-8 straight weeks of going to Arby’s...

Milwaukee

Banned
What’s equally hilarious is that people like you continue to watch them and then come on here and complain.

That’s like me telling my wife the food at Arby’s sucks, then going to Arby’s every Monday for lunch and coming home to tell her the food was terrible.

Sounds dumb right? Well here we are again. Some of y’all are going on 7-8 straight weeks of going to Arby’s...
You leave Arby’s out of this, they’ll be no Arby’s blasphemy of any kind on my watch. Half-Pound Roast Beef is 🔥.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Now I just watch to see his reaction to questions. Sagiura asks him a pertinent question and he chuckles and goes into his pitch and never comes close to answering the question.

During the last interview Thacker looked whipped. Think the season is taking it toll on him?

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Just as a point of reference, according to USA Today ( https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant ), there are at least 262 assistant coaches in college football that made more than CDP last year. So for all those saying if CDP was such a good coordinator why haven't the factories hired him yet, it is because they pay significantly more for their coaches and can get the best of the best. Most people are not saying he is the best OC ever but just that he is a good OC and on par with what we should expect for what we are willing to pay.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
How far off kilter was he? Leach, Meyer, and Mullen are eccentric because they're head coaches. In football and basketball (and other sports), you can find head coaches that don't have both oars in the water.

According to my coworker, he didn't even have two oars in the boat. In all seriousness, he was nuts, and everyone in the coaching ranks throughout the NCAA knew it. There is a reason he was never even seriously considered for a head coaching vacancy, even at lower levels.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it would be good for some of you guys to rewatch the games and focus specifically on what the other teams defense is doing. CDP has his faults but a lot of our issues are lack of execution. Against ND I saw olinemen whiff on blocks that would have resulted in big gains. Other times they were physically dominated. I saw receivers losing at the line of scrimmage when challenged by the db. I also saw receivers having a hard time getting separation. I saw a qb miss wide open receivers. There were a few head scratching play calls but there were a lot of execution issues as well.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

what if there’s a little cutie that eats at Arby’s and she shares her Horsey sauce ? Purely platonic mind you but you know what I’m saying.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Basically since I have been on GT football message boards threads have always been dominated by "get rid of all or some coaches" vs "give the coaches more time...better times are around the corner". Just the nature o' the beast it'd seem….