Game 7: Miami Week Media #GTvsMIA

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Preface my comment by saying I have only seen UNC game in person and basing most of my opinion on that, but with that said, I wouldn't agree that our secondary has done well in coverage. I have heard the arguments and don't disagree that we had no pass rush and you cannot maintain coverage for 4, 5, 6 seconds. However, the UNC receivers that I saw open often had yards of separation on the initial route. I think there is a lot of agreement that game could have been A LOT worse had their QB been modestly accurate on several throws. It seemed like in the first quarter we were playing a lot of man and were getting beat and I recall thinking "we just can't cover these guys man, we need to go to a zone". Then it seemed like we started playing a lot more zone coverage and our secondary would frequently be chasing the UNC receivers, running 2 to 3 yards behind them. That is what I have stuck in my head. Maybe we were better in the Duke game. I didn't get to watch it.
I would agree that UNC was the worst game this year for our secondary. But I think the coaches made adjustments after UNC to prevent it from happening again against Duke. Plus, UNC has serious speed at WR.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Our defense is not good at any level, front, middle or back. Guys do not follow their assignments a lot of the time. When they do they are routinely beat by the man they are up against. They need to look in the mirror and recommit themselves to giving their best effort on every play. If they are already doing that then we have no chance the rest of this season.

Go Jackets!

LibertyTurns

Banned
I expect it is the same reason I cannot get an answer from Alexander Tharpe about my account so I can give some money again. I have found the attitude of people working at GT is absolutely awful, not just athletics but alumni, school, continuing education, it's the whole place. So I just don't give money anymore. At least they could make a simple response to an email, absolutely nothing.
Yeah I spent 5 of 7 years in theater & my wife was making donations on my behalf. I was up to about 15 years at that point They lost a couple years donations & I sent them copies of the cashed checks. They basically refused to correct their mistake so they’ve not gotten a dime in 9 years now. I told them for about 5 years straight when they called that if they fixed it I might even be willing to do make up donations. Nobody was interested. 4 years ago I told them to just pack sand. Morons.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I spent 5 of 7 years in theater & my wife was making donations on my behalf. I was up to about 15 years at that point They lost a couple years donations & I sent them copies of the cashed checks. They basically refused to correct their mistake so they’ve not gotten a dime in 9 years now. I told them for about 5 years straight when they called that if they fixed it I might even be willing to do make up donations. Nobody was interested. 4 years ago I told them to just pack sand. Morons.

WTH. Seriously? That is pathetic. What are these morons doing?

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I know I will be in the minority here, but I personaly like Coach P and think he will do good things here, hes just limited with the personal right now. That being said, on 3rd and 4th and short I wish we wouldnt run out the gun

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Since you brought up Coach P.

I wish he would go back and look at what Frigden did with Hamilton. Some similarities with our QBs today and their abilities. Looks like Graham has a stronger arm than Lil Joe. Likely too late in the year, but maybe for next year. Or not.

If you look in the game program, where the roster is, under the title "Offense", branding has inserted:

(Spread Pro-Style)

Not sure exactly what that means, but probably means style more than substance.

Graham possibly could grow into a Hamilton or even a Shawn Jones. Jones was smooth and well coached, fun to watch.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
The good thing about this season is I have made money betting against Tech;) Miami by 10-14.

LibertyTurns

Banned
WTH. Seriously? That is pathetic. What are these morons doing?
If it hadn’t happened to me I wouldn’t believe it. I’m just hoping in my lifetime GT gets serious about the people they’re trying to retain as fans that are donating $100k or more, supporters of the Institute, etc. Thankfully my son got legacy’d in as his profile was middle of pack and I’m not sure he’d have made it otherwise. I hear current alums with kids/grandkids getting the shaft while we court others unlikely to have as strong an affiliation and I wonder WTF. This whole deal is embarrassing. The top levels don’t really care that’s why football has eroded under leadership that basically stood still while the competition raced by leaving us in the dust.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel bad for you

I don’t understand why fans like you and others who continue to make comments like this don’t just stop watching and commenting.

Do you (not just you specifically, but all who post like this) enjoy being miserable? I stopped watching the news about 4 years ago and it’s made my life increasingly happier. If this team pains you so much to watch, find something else to do on a Saturday and stop coming here. I assure you, you will be happier.

I’m sure it’s not as bad as I just laid it out and you’re just trying to get some laughs from the option crew, but what’s the point?

*Edit to say that maybe I overreacted and you were saying you felt sorry for him/her because they live in Miami.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You got to go back and look at those 3 and outs too. It's not always the fault of the playcaller. I can think of 2 3 and outs right off the top of my head against duke. One was a wide open Oliver on a post that got overthrown. Would've been a TD and we wouldve been up 14-3. Another was a pass that hit Tyler Davis in the hands that he dropped just past the sticks. We have to make those plays. I'm not throwing players under the bus and I do agree sometimes there have been some questionable play calls, but not always. And some of these plays are ones that absolutely have to be made at this level to be successful.
I agree those plays hurt, but every team has plays like that yet they’re still successful.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand why fans like you and others who continue to make comments like this don’t just stop watching and commenting.

Do you (not just you specifically, but all who post like this) enjoy being miserable? I stopped watching the news about 4 years ago and it’s made my life increasingly happier. If this team pains you so much to watch, find something else to do on a Saturday and stop coming here. I assure you, you will be happier.

I’m sure it’s not as bad as I just laid it out and you’re just trying to get some laughs from the option crew, but what’s the point?

*Edit to say that maybe I overreacted and you were saying you felt sorry for him/her because they live in Miami.
Yeah, the traffic is bad in Miami my guy, sheesh. I’m here now, putting on my white and gold, and in the way to Hard Rock Stadium. Lighten up.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If it hadn’t happened to me I wouldn’t believe it. This whole deal is embarrassing. The top levels don’t really care that’s why football has eroded under leadership that basically stood still while the competition raced by leaving us in the dust.

I believe anything that anybody else says that speaks to the bureaucracy, apathy and incomptence of anything related to Ma Tech and the administration of our beloved institute, athletics or not. My experience started late in the spring of my senior year. Sometime after I should have received my accept/reject letter, I called to ask about my status. Their records indicated that my transcripts and application had been received but no one could locate my file or find a paper trail so basically I was neither accepted nor rejected by Tech and the FR class was full. So off I went to Athens for two quarters. When I transferred in, I was appalled by the manual registration process. It was 15 - 20 years or so behind the process used over in Athens.

On and on the list goes and if we wanted to start a thread about bad experiences doing business with Ma T (doesn't have to be solely athletics either) I am sure most of us would have multiple entries. This would even be exclusive of "shaft" incidents inside the classroom. I think it is why a lot of us alums have a love/hate relationship with our dear ol' almam mater.

I have always wondered why a school that is well received in business education and is the top school in ISYE doesn't "practice what is preaches" so to speak and examine its own practices. It is the classic case of a state or federal run enterprise where efficiency and lean practices don't matter and maintenance of the status quo is the order of the day.

Rant over...it's gameday!!!!! GO JACKETS!!!! Today is the day ladies and gents.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, the traffic is bad in Miami my guy, sheesh. I’m here now, putting on my white and gold, and in the way to Hard Rock Stadium. Lighten up.

That’s why I added the edited remarks. My apologies for making assumptions.

Enjoy the game. I’ll be trying to watch from a CFP prep course. Go Jackets and THWG!