Game 5 Uniform Reveal

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Funny that the gold jerseys that O'Leary's teams wore sure came close to replicating it....closer probably than any uniforms before or since.

That doesn't look like the wreck at all. Maybe the pants/numbers could get the right color. But even just the pants, I wouldn't call those wreck gold either:

This is why I don't care about uniform colors though, it's not like we have historically had ONE classic look.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

That doesn't look like the wreck at all. Maybe the pants/numbers could get the right color. But even just the pants, I wouldn't call those wreck gold either:

This is why I don't care about uniform colors though, it's not like we have historically had ONE classic look.

If there’s one thing that’s been consistent about Tech’s uniforms through the years, it’s that the gold has never been consistent. It’s gone from classic old gold (modern day Notre Dame) to cheddar cheese, to mustard, to yellowish-brown, to beige, to Vegas gold, and now we’ve settled on sand. This is really the first time the gold has been standardized across all sports uniforms, media usage, and most retail items, regardless of its resemblance to the Reck.

This is the one I was talking about. It comes closer to matching the gold in the Wreck than what we have now. I also much prefer the shiny shade that is used in this jersey

1602907549166.png

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
See now we have to win tomorrow. Gold numbers outlined in black and the gold helmets. This should be our uniforms every single week.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
All you old folks that loved those Russell unis crack me up!!! So happy we finally know what recruits like. Can you imagine recruiting and being like , ya and you can have all the free Russell swag you want for your grandma and grandpa 😂😂😂

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Kinda sad we wear our school color unis in a game where we have very little chance of winning, so we can keep saying the blue pants are "good luck".

And, the photo in front of the 'reck shows just how far from the correct gold that "sand" is. Oh well.
So are you glad we are wearing the colors people have been screaming for (granted the pants aren’t as gold as some would like)? I honestly can’t tell.

Personally I like these uniforms. Then again I’ve liked all our uniforms this year.

Deleted member 2897

We won last week in arguably our best performance yet and worst uniforms yet. Magic 8-ball says clutch your pearls tightly today.