• GT by 7-13

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 10 7.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
I think our offense puts up a few more points than the Cuse game but we still have the same inconsistencies from last year that may haunt us. Our defense isn't enough to stop a very solid offense.

GT - 31
Lvill - 38

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Tech has not allowed a sack through 4 games. Louisville's QB has been sacked twice in 2 games, against G5/FCS patsies with a combined record of 0-6.

I don't know that Tech will win, but that won't be the reason.
It is THE reason for about 80% of college games now. Nothing else is as important. Pressure on the other team's quarterback will win games. Not keeping opponents out of your backfield will lose games. It is as simple as that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It is THE reason for about 80% of college games now. Nothing else is as important. Pressure on the other team's quarterback will win games. Not keeping opponents out of your backfield will lose games. It is as simple as that.
Stats and eye ball test.
We do get the ball out in 2.5 seconds on most pass plays.
The SCuse Qb had clean pocket for 7 seconds and had 300 yds in first half. Against vmi King had clean pocket and easily had 250 yds in first half.

Can we be inovative with the transfer TE that can block like a demon? Our ol call sometimes leave one of the tackles on island or the center w no help on stud defender.

This week we will have a 7 second clean pocket on most pass plays. That will give us vertical passing to match UL. Gt 33 UL 24

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Stats and eye ball test.
We do get the ball out in 2.5 seconds on most pass plays.
The SCuse Qb had clean pocket for 7 seconds and had 300 yds in first half. Against vmi King had clean pocket and easily had 250 yds in first half.

Can we be inovative with the transfer TE that can block like a demon? Our ol call sometimes leave one of the tackles on island or the center w no help on stud defender.

This week we will have a 7 second clean pocket on most pass plays. That will give us vertical passing to match UL. Gt 33 UL 24
McCord did not have 7 seconds of clean pocket, we put far more pressure on him (and sacked him once) than Cuse put on King. He didn't need 7 seconds either though, we let their receivers run free amd gave him quick and easy targets.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I think people are also underestimating the type of game McCord had against us. He is a pretty good player who had an incredible game. He was putting in spots that only his players could catch it, and his guys were making catches. It makes it a lot easier when you don’t have guys in your face. But there are guys missing targets when it’s on air. I don’t think this new qb is going to be that good or get on that much of a heater.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I pick GT to win str8 up. 35 - 28. For you people who wager, my record when picking Gt to win outright (which is what I always do) going back to 2019 through last week's game is 24 - 39. Do with this information what you will but I am putting it out here for free. If you want to know how I see the rest of this weekend's games unfolding, PM me and make sure to attach a check for $25 for each game your are inquiring about. Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Cards 34 GT 23

(Assuming Syracuse GT shows up)
I don't want to believe that. I believe SYR played possum against Ohio, had a great scheme against us, executed and won. GT got beat. But that which does not kill us makes us stronger, Against VMI, the starters got some reps and much needed rest, and the bench got some good playing time.

We are not happy with the SYR game, and neither is the team. Look out for the yellow road warriors we love to show

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel gross saying it, but Louisville by a touchdown. We’ve had a film disadvantage in all our games except F$U, and we somehow manage to still have a significant film disadvantage in week 4. If Faulkner could have significant film on our opponents playing against evenly matched teams, he could scheme a great game, and Coach Wade would know what to impart to the O-Line. Unfortunately, we’re going in blind again while Brohm has the F$U game and the Syracuse game to study.
Has the L'ville OC & DC staff changed? True UL hasn't played anyone this year, but tendencies don't change too much. I expect GT to correct the SYR pass coverage problem this week.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually think we win this one. We've already seen the best passing QB in the ACC, perhaps in the country. The Cards QB is good, but he ain't no McCord. Also, I think we get to him more. My only concern is about Biggers; I sure do wish he's ready to play. Losing all that weight has had good effect on his play and we need him out there.

I think we can score 31 - 37 on these guys, provided we can get the run game started. Imho, that means King has to run more. Again, I understand why the coaches are reluctant to do this, but it makes the double options work and King is very dangerous (very) in the open field. I share the idea that we need to go down field more, but that's Buster/Weinke territory.

Well, we'll see soon enough.
Aren't both J Haynes and Trey Cooley UL transfers? If so, his is their homecoming. It's one of those intangible thingees...

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we can win this game, but not sure that we will. We will need to get the ground game going, but things have looked a little off since the FSU game.

On defense, we simply must get to the QB. We need to be on him every time he drops back. We're gonna be the best run D they've seen, so they won't be putting up the same kind of yards that they have been. We'll see if McCord was really that good or if our pass D was that bad.

Either way, I don't see a double digit win for either team. I think this will be a close game, something like 34-31 or 38-34, hopefully for the good guys.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
With the bye week behind this one, I hope the timing gives us the juice to go all out.

What that could mean is, to the extent that coaches are concerned about King taking hits week-after-week throughout the season, this is a game where we can cash in some of those chips knowing he has extra recovery time before the next game.

It could be that this never enters Key's consciousness, but 0 carries for King against VMI suggests to me they are thinking about when it's necessary vs isn't.
It's fair to say GT was working on things against VMI. Starters got some rest. GT will be hungry