• GT by 7-13

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 9 9.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Louisville to win and cover. Pressure on the quarterback will be the deciding factor. They will get it and we will not.
Tech has not allowed a sack through 4 games. Louisville's QB has been sacked twice in 2 games, against G5/FCS patsies with a combined record of 0-6.

I don't know that Tech will win, but that won't be the reason.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech has not allowed a sack through 4 games. Louisville's QB has been sacked twice in 2 games, against G5/FCS patsies with a combined record of 0-6.

I don't know that Tech will win, but that won't be the reason.
Didn’t know they were taking sacks against FCS teams.
Could say something bad about the QB’s pocket awareness.
We will definitely collapse it faster than an FCS, so that’s a glimmer of hope.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the Cards QB is not as good as his stats indicate (Compared to King) due to playing cupcakes and our defense takes another step forward. We win by between 3-10 points.

But we are definitely facing yet another good QB
Agreed. Shough's stats are overinflated because of the opponents he's faced. He can sling it, but he sometimes has issues with accuracy and timing. Their defense also seems to struggle getting pressure and tackling (like ours) so I think this is a fairly even matchup. I trust Haynes King more than their QB, so I'll take the Jackets 35-31.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Shough's stats are overinflated because of the opponents he's faced. He can sling it, but he sometimes has issues with accuracy and timing. Their defense also seems to struggle getting pressure and tackling (like ours) so I think this is a fairly even matchup. I trust Haynes King more than their QB, so I'll take the Jackets 35-31.
If we can just get some pressure on the QB, this one's in the bag. If...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
With the bye week behind this one, I hope the timing gives us the juice to go all out.

What that could mean is, to the extent that coaches are concerned about King taking hits week-after-week throughout the season, this is a game where we can cash in some of those chips knowing he has extra recovery time before the next game.

It could be that this never enters Key's consciousness, but 0 carries for King against VMI suggests to me they are thinking about when it's necessary vs isn't.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A good dissection of both teams, contextualizing PFF scores for the various units and using that to project how the game will play out. Both predicted Louisville to win close.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
My optimistic take: I think Louisville is a solid team but they aren't world beaters. Much of the ACC is right there together. I think Clemson and Miami sit alone in a talent tier, and about 8-10 teams sit together below them, and then a few others sit below that second group. GT and Louisville are in that second tier with about 6-8 other teams. Our defense is allowed to improve, despite what some think on here. I think the more reps this defense gets the better they will get, good coaches get their teams to improve as the year goes on, and I think Key is a good coach. I also think our offense is allowed to improve, especially the OL which typically takes season game reps to gel. GT 34-24.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We haven't opened with 3 conference road games since 2002. Yes, the F$U game was technically a home game, but it wasn't. That's hard to do. Hope for the best this Saturday.