• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 157 78.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
This game will be ugly but shouldn’t be used as evidence to call for anyone’s job. I imagine our freshmen are going to try and make hero plays at time and wouldn’t be surprised if we get caught with a number of turnovers. Clemson 38-7

I will still be cheering us on of course but objectively we are outmatched at all positions in this game except punter

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't know which of these two bold predictions are more improbable.:confused::banghead:
Clemson had 3 kicks blocked last week, I’ve lost count of how many of Tech’s kicks have been blocked this year. 8? More? Idk. But given the fact that there will probably be a lot of kicks in this game (even if they’re mostly by one side), there should be an O/U 2.5 on blocked kicks.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
28-27 GT. If you don't have faith, why are you even here?
1602780188739.gif

Gotta have faith

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Yeah I said it, calling for good guys by 1 point. 29-28 Good guys. I think we go for two to win the game and get it.

This is why I am here. This isn't a sports book, it is a fan forum. For real though, Clemson is a monster so I am hoping we show signs of life in all three phases and would be satisfied with that. Let's avoid turn overs and take advantage of the one position we have clear dominance in. PHIII is going to be key this weekend.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
So far , we have only been able to beat teams with coaches in their first year. Swinney does not qualify. Also, their DL will blow up our run game and chase Sims ruthlessly.
CU can name the score, but won't try to embarrass us. "Tiggers" 38 Jackets 13.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we'll hold them to 21 or less in the first half, then probably 28-35 in the second half. I also think we'll score at least 3 touchdowns.

At half: 21-14
Final: 52-24

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
If we don't turn the ball over I think this game stays close until halftime. If we get turnovers I think it stays close until the 4th quarter and then it is just a matter of if we can finish.

I think the Miami game was deceptive and made people think Clemson was better than they are. What Clemson did was just expose Miami's offense, they pressured King all night and they couldn't score because he IS their whole offense. I don't think we are like that, I think our talent is more spread out so I think we will be able to score on Clemson.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Are the Tech by 14+ pickers in it for the lulz only?

I'd be very intrigued to see a game manifest from this, but the realistic hope that we stop them from scoring 6 at any point and can consistently get our O working are very slim. I'd like to see us open it up and try to get ourselves into a schematic advantage with motion and line checks when we don't get a front we like on our play calls, but I suspect instead we'll be trying to run into the teeth of their front pretty often on 1st/2nd down and in the red zone and end up well behind early.

Deleted member 2897

Are the Tech by 14+ pickers in it for the lulz only?

I'd be very intrigued to see a game manifest from this, but the realistic hope that we stop them from scoring 6 at any point and can consistently get our O working are very slim. I'd like to see us open it up and try to get ourselves into a schematic advantage with motion and line checks when we don't get a front we like on our play calls, but I suspect instead we'll be trying to run into the teeth of their front pretty often on 1st/2nd down and in the red zone and end up well behind early.

I ran extensive models and determined there is a 0.000001% chance that several Clemson players get COVID, several of the rest get horrible uncontrollable diarrhea, and we win 15-0 on 5/20 FG attempts.