Game 5 #BGvsGT Media

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Are you referring to Rutherford? He was a high 3* and we were fighting off Clemson towards the end, iirc. Definitely someone who was identified as a talented slot receiver at the next level but didn’t have the size to be higher rated. Regardless, this still stands as a testament to our talent identification and acquisition. If he ends up going to the NFL, that will still be a testament to our development, imo. He does not have NFL size so it’ll be on his IQ / Route Running.
Another amazing aspect on Haynes--how was he NOT a RB in high school??.He is making college guys grope for touches on runs..

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a game I am just not very worried about.
I am expecting a comfortable win.

This is the worst offensive team we will see all year. They are ranked 132 out of 133 FBS teams in OFEI.
They are also one of the slowest teams in terms of plays GT will see. They avg less than 60 plays per game and their combined number of plays per game (them plus their opponents) is just 116 - which is the 2nd fewest in FBS - only Michigan at 110 avg less combined plays per game.

They don't pass the ball well, they don't run the ball well, and they turn the ball over alot (12 in 4 games, -5 TO margin), they don't convert 3rd downs (27.7%).
Frankly this is a game that our D should look really good. They've scored 13 points their last 2 games combined.

They aren't all the much better defensively either - 92nd in DFEI.
This is a game GT should be able to get out to a big lead and then hopefully play the backups alot in the second half.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
My big concern is coming out with lack of intensity and leaving Bowling Green in the game. Being over confident against inferior talent puts you at risk. I am not worried about what the coaches say to the players but how 18 to 22 year olds take the Wake Forest win with a grain of salt.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
My big concern is coming out with lack of intensity and leaving Bowling Green in the game. Being over confident against inferior talent puts you at risk. I am not worried about what the coaches say to the players but how 18 to 22 year olds take the Wake Forest win with a grain of salt.
Yep, couldbe.
This is another test for Tech in a different way. Not so much about winning but how its done.Is it sloppy and frustrating or is it business -like and and controlled? .

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I've seen a lot of games where I threw the stats out the window hoped to just hang on. The focus of college players has been known to be somewhat capricious.
We're not good enough to win just by throwing our jerseys on the field. I'll be happy with a 10-point win (or even one point, for that matter). Just win and we've got a winning football team, 3-2.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is a game I am just not very worried about.
I am expecting a comfortable win.

This is the worst offensive team we will see all year. They are ranked 132 out of 133 FBS teams in OFEI.
They are also one of the slowest teams in terms of plays GT will see. They avg less than 60 plays per game and their combined number of plays per game (them plus their opponents) is just 116 - which is the 2nd fewest in FBS - only Michigan at 110 avg less combined plays per game.

They don't pass the ball well, they don't run the ball well, and they turn the ball over alot (12 in 4 games, -5 TO margin), they don't convert 3rd downs (27.7%).
Frankly this is a game that our D should look really good. They've scored 13 points their last 2 games combined.

They aren't all the much better defensively either - 92nd in DFEI.
This is a game GT should be able to get out to a big lead and then hopefully play the backups alot in the second half.
So, you're saying they're not going to prepare us well for Miami?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
When I saw Bowling Green's coach give that press conference, I had a feeling this was a major trap game for us.

Our players appear to be too immature to understand that you can never take a W for granted.