Game 4 #UNCvsGT Uniforms

MidtownJacket

Staff member
F85688D7-052A-425C-A3DC-0E2E63688DAF.jpeg

Got my game cup ready for tomorrow

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's not just a GT problem. Attendance is down across the board. There are lots of reasons, but one of the biggest is the ability to watch the game in high definition in your living room on a huge TV. With modern cable/streaming packages, few games from FBS programs aren't on TV, and the quality of the broadcast is at an all time high. It's not like the days of yore when you either had to go to the game or hope it was one of the few must see games for TV to watch your team play.

GT foes have a fanbase problem, and that exacerbates the issue, but it's not the root cause.

Well, you know. Go over to Clemson and watch the tailgaiters with their double parking places bought by the season, their Digital TV satellite and 56 inch TVs, while they party and eat and grill and drink 200 feet from the game itself and you realize it makes no never mind. They get all the atmosphere and excitement and don't have to deal with the sweating masses.They don't even buy game tickets.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Glad you asked, for reasons unknown to myself I've tracked every uniform combo we've had since changing to Adidas.

We have worn this exact combo (GBB) 1 other time: 2018 vs Minnesota. Last year we wore almost this exact combo, but with a gold facemask, against Louisville.

• Record with this helmet (Gold dome, black facemask) 7-13
  • Record with this jersey (Blue) 3-3 (our best record with an adidas jersey)
  • Record with these pants (Blue) 4-4 (our best record with adidas pants)
I would be open to almost anything with lot more gold and a lot less white.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Do other schools rotate uniforms every week like we do ? This weekends uniforms were probably the best yet

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
all white or all blue is the best.. but both 2nd to black watch

Forget the gold.. never been done correctly on uniforms and I’m tired of gold debates.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I was laughing with SWMBO about all of the uniform debates on GTSwarm last week. But...I must say I liked the all-navy look and it really made the NC white gloves pop out when they were holding us.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I was laughing with SWMBO about all of the uniform debates on GTSwarm last week. But...I must say I liked the all-navy look and it really made the NC white gloves pop out when they were holding us.
Agree! The all navys really do have that advantage.

I was sitting in the corner on this play and our entire section thought Sims handed the ball off. Great fake and I'm sure the darker jerseys helped (ish) camouflage the ball.