Game 4 #UNCvsGT Uniforms

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Don’t we usually win in these? I know y’all hate blue but if the team gets up while they wear them, more power to em. Glad it’s gold helmets and jersey #’s.
Glad you asked, for reasons unknown to myself I've tracked every uniform combo we've had since changing to Adidas.

We have worn this exact combo (GBB) 1 other time: 2018 vs Minnesota. Last year we wore almost this exact combo, but with a gold facemask, against Louisville.

• Record with this helmet (Gold dome, black facemask) 7-13
  • Record with this jersey (Blue) 3-3 (our best record with an adidas jersey)
  • Record with these pants (Blue) 4-4 (our best record with adidas pants)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
"ATL" my foot. We ain't Atlanta. We're Georgia Tech.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Football is a social event to some, but those are not the fans we will ever get to come to downtown for FB games in big numbers. I agree that we can only expand the fanbase by creating a winning tradition again. And, even then, it will be limited in scope. We have more seats than we need in the stadium, and it is CONTINUALLY embarassing that we have empty gold seats at kickoff and during games. Our STEM school will never create tons and tons of alumnist fans, but we better hope they create a decent quantity every year. I know CGC is trying to make GT "cool" and "fashionable", and I hope he has some success, but if we don't play great football, that will not be enough. I'm definitely OK with him trying to create a connection with ATL, although a lot of our fans are more about their suburb name than they are about the ATL.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Nah.. more like a lack of commitment from the fanbase

It's not just a GT problem. Attendance is down across the board. There are lots of reasons, but one of the biggest is the ability to watch the game in high definition in your living room on a huge TV. With modern cable/streaming packages, few games from FBS programs aren't on TV, and the quality of the broadcast is at an all time high. It's not like the days of yore when you either had to go to the game or hope it was one of the few must see games for TV to watch your team play.

GT foes have a fanbase problem, and that exacerbates the issue, but it's not the root cause.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's not just a GT problem. Attendance is down across the board. There are lots of reasons, but one of the biggest is the ability to watch the game in high definition in your living room on a huge TV. With modern cable/streaming packages, few games from FBS programs aren't on TV, and the quality of the broadcast is at an all time high. It's not like the days of yore when you either had to go to the game or hope it was one of the few must see games for TV to watch your team play.

GT foes have a fanbase problem, and that exacerbates the issue, but it's not the root cause.

I get on this soapbox every time this topic comes up but one of the biggest drawbacks to attending games is the TV timeouts (paradoxically enough). At home you don't notice them but at the game, they are torture.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I get on this soapbox every time this topic comes up but one of the biggest drawbacks to attending games is the TV timeouts (paradoxically enough). At home you don't notice them but at the game, they are torture.

At home a TV timeout is a prime opportunity to go offload a beer and reload the snacks. At the game you have to dedicate time to miss action to do either or hope the crowd line fast...

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Doesn't soccer not stop for timeouts? I wonder if we will ever move to that kind of a model. Maybe fewer TV timeouts but the ads play on a split screen for 3 minutes at a time or something. Or you could let the game play out with no TV timeouts, then use the 20 minutes of halftime for the TV broadcast to catch up after their commercial breaks.